Dtc 601

fcettner

DaShelby
Established Member
Drove the car pretty hard today and engine went into failsafe mode. I reset and shut car off - restart and worked good for a while. Went into failsafe mode again then got a check engine light. I pulled a code 061 with my SCT.
Any ideas?
TIA

fcettner

DaShelby
Established Member
Answer for CODE P061B

Not sure what all this means. But this what a quick google search turned up.

DTC code P061????

Sounds like if car has been sitting for awhile may need to reflash tune or something. :shrug:

Yeah - Sounds like a PCM issue. I will try and disconnect the battery, maybe clean air filter, and see if I have any further issues. Not a lot of issues on Mustang forums...

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Maybe a dirty maf? I don't know.
I remember someone said something similar and they cleaned the maf and back to normal

fcettner

DaShelby
Established Member
Maybe a dirty maf? I don't know.
I remember someone said something similar and they cleaned the maf and back to normal

I'll try that too. Thanks for the response. It was a stuffy day (pollen) today so not the best for air sensitivity and our GT500s. This engine grabs so much outside air you never know whats out there.

93_chargedcobra

Established Member
The pcm must track how many times the wrench light comes on. Because the second time the wrench light comes on you always get a p601 which is a torque calculation error basically. If your getting it your tune needs fixed, or like already stated you maf is really dirty but that's usually not it.

fcettner

DaShelby
Established Member
The pcm must track how many times the wrench light comes on. Because the second time the wrench light comes on you always get a p601 which is a torque calculation error basically. If your getting it your tune needs fixed, or like already stated you maf is really dirty but that's usually not it.

Roger that, I am going to trouble shoot this for the benefit of all. KB does my tune so I'll tread lightly and eliminate all minor issues first. Frustrated I can't run her tonight:rolling: But I'll keep all informed of my findings.

I found and cleaned up a lot of crap around the intake so maybe that had a lot contribute to my issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread