DSS driveshaft - loctite already there?

StangLoveR

Established Member
Umm this post I'm not crazy about posting, but, I have to ask. Looking at my DSS driveshaft as I'm about to install it, I'm seeing what appears to be blue loctite smeared where the bolts will be going on the pinion side.

I thought - wow, they included loctite in there! Then I thought for another second and realized that this loctite likely won't really make its way onto the threads of the bolts (maybe I'm wrong)...and finally, thought - is this a used driveshaft!?!?

So that's my question - did others see blue loctite or blue material in the holes where the bolts will go to the adapter plate?

I hope the answer is "yes, you idiot" and that'd be OK with me. Just want to confirm!!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Umm this post I'm not crazy about posting, but, I have to ask. Looking at my DSS driveshaft as I'm about to install it, I'm seeing what appears to be blue loctite smeared where the bolts will be going on the pinion side.

I thought - wow, they included loctite in there! Then I thought for another second and realized that this loctite likely won't really make its way onto the threads of the bolts (maybe I'm wrong)...and finally, thought - is this a used driveshaft!?!?

So that's my question - did others see blue loctite or blue material in the holes where the bolts will go to the adapter plate?

I hope the answer is "yes, you idiot" and that'd be OK with me. Just want to confirm!!

im not aware of DSS DS coming with Loctite. the smearing sounds like it was used and maybe a returned shaft. the other option is that maybe it as tested and they used Loctite.

StangLoveR

Established Member
It does not come with instructions, which is downright appalling when you consider the average customer purchasing these shafts.

That aside, given that we're talking about a driveshaft, I'd say yes; loctite is a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread