DSK lightning What Color rims?????????

apentivolpi

AlexFreestyle
Established Member
DSG lightning What Color rims?????????

Ok I have a DSG lightning and don't know what color to powder coat my rims Flat black, semi gloss black or dsg Gray???????? input Please

Last edited:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
this is getting old and played out. :bored: If you want colored wheels get some custom ones with the polished offset lip. Powder coating stock wheels looks HORRIBLE 99% of the time. Why would you want your truck to look like your wheels are drowned in brake dust? :xpl:

ViciousJay

Established Member
this is getting old and played out. :bored: If you want colored wheels get some custom ones with the polished offset lip. Powder coating stock wheels looks HORRIBLE 99% of the time. Why would you want your truck to look like your wheels are drowned in brake dust? :xpl:

i painted mine, and i get mad compliments, if you got the time then why spend money on rims when you can put it into go fast mods :beer:

wayboarder

Established Member
Do not go with the polished Lip! It looks like crap on dsg when there is a predominately black/dsg theme. I just saw a Civic painted similar to DSG and he had DSG rota rims on it and it looked sick. Gunmetal looks really good, or if your gonna do something polished go the Mr clean route. KRWY also has a really bitchen look where he got his rims in flat black and the center caps done in DSG.

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
Picture122.jpg

Picture287-1.jpg

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
The gloss black does look sweet on DSG... do what YOU like best though. YOU have to live with it everyday... a lot of people have black wheels (including myself), but I think thats for the reason that THEY LOOK GOOD... lol

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
I'm not on the black wheel bandwagon. Its an overdone trend IMO. On some trucks they look good but I generally like them only if they have the machined lip. Black wheels usually blend with the tires and look like large black masses if there's no contrast such as the machined lip to break them up.

At one time I considered DSG (or some other anthracite or gun metal color) for my truck. Recently on one of the forums a member posted pics of his DSG Lightning with DSG wheels. IMO it looked good but I can't find the thread at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread