Dsg on dsg

03MGMach1

Northern VA Lurker
Established Member
125.jpg
[/IMG]

the saleens have grown on me, lookin to throw some cobra sideskirts and an 01 cobra bumper.

03MGMach1

Northern VA Lurker
Established Member
Honestly I couldn't even tell you what springs i'm using, I used to have a GT a few years back, and i swapped them over to this. thats actually the main reason i love her.

Haven't had her dyno'd but she's pretty much stock. SLP Loudmouth exhaust, Pypes X-Pipe, N2MB Wide Open Throttle box with 2-Step, and i've been using Nitto NT555R's on Cobra R's when i'm at the track or ....

hit some pretty serious "speed bumps" already, so im a lil financially tight right now, I'll get to workin on her as things turn around. Not letting her go anytime soon.

03MGMach1

Northern VA Lurker
Established Member
I was also thinking about these, their basically the same but with the rivets.

750cc7d9_1778.jpeg

I love your front end, I want the 2001, but im wondering if it'd look better with stock skirts or the cobra's

EVO-lution

Established Member
car looks sick man...the Gunmetal on the DSG is growing on me. nice suspension set up too man.

I wouldn't go with the riveted look unless they're real. I had the fake rivets on my last set of rims when I owned my 99 cobra. hated them after a week. hahahaha.

keep up the good work :thumbsup:

03MGMach1

Northern VA Lurker
Established Member
I understand where your coming from, the more I think about it, the more "tacky" it seems, i mean i guess if they were real 2 or 3 piece wheels it'd be official.

looking at yours, i just thought of how she would have looked had I done some black wheels, like flat black to accent the pinstripes and spoiler.

Last edited:

EVO-lution

Established Member
I understand where your coming from, the more I think about it, the more "tacky" it seems, i mean i guess if they were real 2 or 3 piece wheels it'd be official.

looking at yours, i just thought of how she would have looked had I done some black wheels, like flat black to accent the pinstripes and spoiler.

yea 2 or 3 piece rims def. make the rivets worthy since you really can't get rid of them. fake rivets I feel will fall off or rust.

and yea I HAD to go black saleens. love the saleens but the blacks just set it off so perfectly. But I'm trying to sell them now. :thumbsup:

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
The 01 Cobra front clip is sweet, so is the 04. I orginally ordered an 01, but Ford delievered a 04, and I was too impatient and wanted my car outa the body shop. So i told them to put that one on. Its grown alot on me and now im glad i have it. I think its more noticible than the 01. Its a little bigger, but makes it look good. Cant go wrong either way.

03MGMach1

Northern VA Lurker
Established Member
yea 2 or 3 piece rims def. make the rivets worthy since you really can't get rid of them. fake rivets I feel will fall off or rust.

and yea I HAD to go black saleens. love the saleens but the blacks just set it off so perfectly. But I'm trying to sell them now. :thumbsup:

lol...i'd look like a goober riding around with missing rivets..hahaha. I wouldn't sell em man, I haven't seen one mach one yet in my area with the saleens. or my color scheme:D

The 01 Cobra front clip is sweet, so is the 04. I orginally ordered an 01, but Ford delievered a 04, and I was too impatient and wanted my car outa the body shop. So i told them to put that one on. Its grown alot on me and now im glad i have it. I think its more noticible than the 01. Its a little bigger, but makes it look good. Cant go wrong either way.

your absolutely right, only problem is my friends got a turbo 2v with the 03-04 cobra front bumper, so im trying to change it up with either the 00-01 with and keep my mach chin spoiler or maybe the stage 1 roush front bumper.

EVO-lution

Established Member
lol...i'd look like a goober riding around with missing rivets..hahaha. I wouldn't sell em man, I haven't seen one mach one yet in my area with the saleens. or my color scheme:D

your absolutely right, only problem is my friends got a turbo 2v with the 03-04 cobra front bumper, so im trying to change it up with either the 00-01 with and keep my mach chin spoiler or maybe the stage 1 roush front bumper.

well I got new rims so I sold the saleens. didn't need 2 sets of rims lying around. stockers for the winter and my summer rims.

I would do the 99-01 cobra front end. I been looking for that bumper for about 5 or 6 months now. people want a good $350-$400 for it sometimes.:poke:

Users who are viewing this thread