DSG Maisto Coupe

HASFANGS

Established Member
Built a DSG Maisto Coupe;
e33d_1.JPG

bd5c_1.JPG

c710_1.JPG

d2d0_1.JPG

It has spoiler delete, but I can add it back on is so desired.
This is the last one I am building, too much hassle,
if interested it is eBay item # 190158229132

Last edited:

1bad_stang

*BAR-NONE*
Established Member
Whats the difference between that one and the DSG I bought at fun ford last year besides the stand and spoiler? Did they quit making them in DSG? I've got DSG & Black right now. Looking at the Sonic Blue one next.

HASFANGS

Established Member
1bad_stang said:
Whats the difference between that one and the DSG I bought at fun ford last year besides the stand and spoiler? Did they quit making them in DSG? I've got DSG & Black right now. Looking at the Sonic Blue one next.

Don't know, because I have no idea what you bought? Never seen a Maisto DSG? I used Ford DSG paint, so this one is sort of custom I guess.

Removing the spoiler is a BIG job actually, probably have 8 hours in this one. You have to fill the holes, sand, then try to match the paint. But each time you have paint mixed it's minimum $19.26...so you might as well paint the whole car. Which pretty much means completely disassembling the car; lights, stickers, glass, etc. Like below:

IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

On the custom ones I can also offer tinted glass, different wheels, painted brake calipers and seats, etc.

Bottom line though, I'm done. It's not worth the time and effort, people in general don't appreciate the work that is put into it (or plain old just don't pay). I've heard same comments from other modelers. Anyway this is the last one for me, just trying to recoupe some of my costs...

Last edited:

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
What did you normally charge for them? Would you still be open to doing them if payed in advance?

I sure would like to have one in redfire.

funtruck

I Hate Mustangs
Established Member
I'd like one in Mineral Grey also. Could you post more details. Not a deadbeat buyer here! : - )

HASFANGS

Established Member
I was charging $79 + shipping for the three color changes I just did, too much work, sorry but I am all done.
To those who are serious, there is another guy on here that makes AWESOME models, much better than me with extreme detail. I have seen his work in person and it is EXCEPTIONAL. He's got some threads on here (probably be hard to find now that there is no search mechanism...), but I am sure you could send him a PM. He's: '1967eleanor'.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread