DS loop that works with lethal X pipe

Sequim Snake

Established Member
I've used the search button looking for a definite answer on this. I will be installing an aluminum 3.5 one piece ds soon and want to do the safety loop as well. Ds is coming from a friends car and he did not use one. Are they recommended? My car is a vert and a boulevard cruiser. It's never been to the track.what are people using for a ds loop when they have the lethal off-road X pipe.
thanks
Ben

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
What's your question? Are you asking if you need a loop with an aluminum shaft or with a Lethal offroad? If you are not driving your GT500 aggressively with hard launches and quick shifting, then you're need for a driveshaft safety loop are minimal. Obviously, some of this will depend on your modifications and power level. An off road midpipe will give you some conservative power improvements that will not affect a need for a safety loop.

This all being said, I have an aluminum driveshaft with 595 RWHP and go to the drag strip and run a BMR safety loop.

Sequim Snake

Established Member
Iron terp- my last dyno was 680/682. Sorry my question was so vague. Let me try again.....I will be installing a 1 piece aluminum ds and keep hearing I should install a safety loop for piece of mind. When I did a search for which safety loop to use, I couldn't find an answer for which one to get, because most interfere with the lethal x pipe. I was hoping that someone who had the lethal xpipe and a aluminum ds and loop would chime in and tell me which one they got to work.

Users who are viewing this thread