Dry shot. How big?

Adamn

Established Member
I just finished installing a dry kit on my car and I can't decide what size shot to go with. I was originally thinking 75 then I went to 100 but now I'm thinking less than 100. My car goes to the tuner in 2 weeks so I would like some input from ppl who have nitrous on their cars. I just have the typical bolt ons with a small port on my eaton and I dont want to get crazy or push the limits with the nitrous.
I am installing a BAP and 60s and I do have intentions of getting a TVS or whipple in the future so the nitrous is basically just to get me by in the mean time and will likely come off when the blower gets upgraded. So basically I want pretty significant gains but mostly I want it safe so if anyone can help me out I appreciate it.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
A 100 shot is nothing to worry about. Plenty of guys have ran 150 shots without a problem. Personally Id go 150. Annnd GO BUCKEYES!!

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Personally i would never run a dry shot that big. Running a dry shot like that mean your tune on the car will need to be very rich @wot when you are not using the nitrous. With a wet shot you dont need to worry about adjusting the fuel in your tune, you will only have to adjust the timing. This will let your car run flawlessly with or without the nitrous turned on and you wont have to swap tunes all the time.

Adamn

Established Member
Personally i would never run a dry shot that big. Running a dry shot like that mean your tune on the car will need to be very rich @wot when you are not using the nitrous. With a wet shot you dont need to worry about adjusting the fuel in your tune, you will only have to adjust the timing. This will let your car run flawlessly with or without the nitrous turned on and you wont have to swap tunes all the time.

I will have a seperate tune for nitrous and only use it at the track or on a rare occasion for a race so switching the tune isn't a big deal

ctgreddy

Established Member
100 is perfectly fine with your setup. If you had stock injectors then I'd say ~50, but since you have 60's with a bap you should have enough fuel available to handle the 100. And that much nitrous is nothing on these cars. I really wish I would have upped my jets on my tune to big boy stuff so I could have really made some power.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
100 shot is fine but set it up post maf and get a separate nitrous tune. Don't trust the maf to add the fuel.

Cobra03SC

Established Member
I will have a seperate tune for nitrous and only use it at the track or on a rare occasion for a race so switching the tune isn't a big deal

That works, i wouldn't be too concerned about it as long as you have a separate tune just for it. Im just not a big fan of dry shots due to the hassle and i like having the nitrous at my fingertips at all times lol.

Users who are viewing this thread