Dry 50 Shot

torch10

Hey guys, My eventual plan is to get the plate system from Nitrous Outlet and run 100 shot with a dyno tune from the local Mustang shop. (2014 Mustang V6 M6, intake, ORX, tune).

Right now though my buddy has a dry kit that came off his G35. I want to run a 50 shot with it but I'm unsure how to compensate for fuel on this thing. On my Honda's I had a Zex kit with a vac hose that went to a FPR that bumped fuel pressure while spraying. This kit doesn't have anything like that. I've done some reading though and it sounds like if I spray it pre MAF that the PCM will compensate because of the extra flow, and then the wide bands will also adjust.
Is any of this true? With the tune I'm running right now I'm at 19 degrees timing and 12.0 AFR at WOT. I could pull a couple more degrees with my SCT also.

02blownGT

Established Member
12 a/f ratio is too lean for me to spray a 50 shot with,maybe if you were untuned and running richer i might try but its just not worth the risk imo.

spike_africa

Established Member
Nope, that is to lean to add a dry kit too. If you want to do it cheap. Get the fuel solinoids and fuel line and connection for the fuel rail and make that dry kit a wet kit. Done enjoy.

nxhappy

Established Member
too much timing and too lean for a dry shot. Don't learn the hard way. get a wet kit with all the safety goodies: WOT switch, window switch, colder plugs, and a dyno tune to watch the AFR ;)

torch10

Cool. I just found out that nitrous outlet now has a plate system for the 3.7. So I'm gonna save some pennies and get that, and get it on the dyno for a custom tune.

Users who are viewing this thread