Drummers...IN HERE!!!

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
Alright, Im in the market for a electronic drum set. Im taking that path due to the fact that my space is limited and that I live in an apartment.
I have two major contenders right now and cannot decide for the life of me which way to go. I am new to drumming, but do not want to get something that I will quickly grow out of or get tired of. SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!

#1: Yamaha DTXplorer $700
pros: price and durability (rubber snare as opposed to mesh) --comes with kick pedal
cons: not the best sound there is-- looks
540345.jpg

http://drums-percussion.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-DTXplorer-Electronic-Drum-Set?sku=490906

#2: Roland V-Compact
pro: top notch sound and quality--looks-- more realistic feel on snare (mesh head)
con:$300 more than the yamaha-- does not come with bass kick pedal (extra $50-$100)
531505.jpg

http://drums-percussion.musiciansfr...TD3SW-VCompact-Electronic-Drum-Set?sku=447838

I can afford the Roland, but amost choose not to due to the fact of my inexperience. it is at the top of my budget for this hobby.

Last edited:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
i think if your going to spend that much you could get an acoustic set with some silencer pads, for a hell of alot cheaper. I know Roland makes a real good setup, but isee what your saying bout the apartment, i had to get rid of my shit unfortunately, cant wait to get a house so i can suck it up big time on the real deal lol

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
If you're going to go electronic don't sell yourself short. Step up to the Roland set that has the suspended cloth style drums all the way around versus the pads on the toms. They feel much more like an actual snare or tom head than those silly rubber pads do.

Let us hear the thing when you get it man. My dad texted me a pic of my kick drum from my new DW custom kit with the box open to show me it had arrived. I can't wait to go home for thanksgiving and get that bad boy setup! Good luck on the purchase, electronics aren't my forte but I am in an apartment at college too and may end up having to go the same route once I recover from the acoustic kit.

NukeGuard

Established Member
Roland without a doubt. I bought my first kit (acoustic) about 6 months ago and I'm ready to upgrade already. Get the best that you can get at the time. I have a kick pedal if you want to make an offer. Upgraded to double pedals and now the single kick sits in the double pedal case.

I agree on the mesh heads as well. I haven't read the description on the kit you posted, but most mesh heads you can adjust to get the rebound you're looking for.

If you don't want to drop all the cash at once, check out http://www.americanmusical.com. You can get the kit now and make 3-5 payments on it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread