Drugs in America. How bad is it really? (LEOs Only)

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
It seems to me that there are more and more posts on various forums about getting caught smoking pot. It seems that pot use has been on the rise for years.

Also, when watching the COPS show, it seems that 99% of perps on that show get caught with some kind of illegal drugs.

My question for the LEO's is:
In the real world, how prevalent is illegal drug use these days? How often do you make a stop and find drugs in a car or on a person?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Illegal Narcotics are quite prevalent, whether it is illicit drugs or illegally obtained prescription meds.

jshen

Established Member
Drug issues

I have a lot of drug cases but drug issues account for 50% of my caseload..people stealing, robbing or hurting others over/for drugs. Retaliatory strikes by one drug seller against another..or against the seller's family.. Education issues because of drugs. Crack babies..broken homes, families..and drugs are right in the middle of it. As was said above, illegal use of prescription drugs is a real headache too. Young people taking others adderal, concerta, ridallin...Mom's Xanax..and selling them..snorting them..

I can go on and on..but I think you get my drift. It is a huge problem that is getting worse- not better.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
The possession is far underrated in my book. Plus you have all the crimes like Jshen mentioned that derive from controlled substance abuse.

We will never win the war on drugs, but I will nver stop fighting it either.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Well, let me tell you how bad it is. This morning I arrested the son of a police officer and good friend of mine. I wish it didn't have to happen. I have known his father for almost eighteen years and him since he was three years old. No, it was worse than marijuana. Now he is going to have to live with that for the rest of his life.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Damn.. I figured it was bad, but I had no idea it was THIS bad. I figured you guys would know.

Besides seeing it on COPS all the time, one of the reasons I asked is I have two neighbors with kids who have issues with drugs and I suspect a third neighbor as well. These are only high school age kids too.

One boy had to be picked up by an ambulance twice due to overdoses.

One girl was telling us how EVERYONE in her school does drugs and she told her mother that she tried pot before. She even goes to a Catholic school, but I guess that doesn't have much impact.

When I was in high-school almost nobody did drugs. There was just a handful of kids who did them and everyone knew who they were. They were known as "The Druggies" and most of them hung out together.

It just seems to me that the drug problem has exploded over the past several years and you've confirmed my suspicions.

Users who are viewing this thread