Drove to knoxville this weekend

Mxfrench

Established Member
I drove the gt500 to knoxville this weekend and it was kind of cool every gas station i stopped at people would strike up a conversation and talk about how beautiful it is. They loved the silver and blue stripes. I even had a couple of conversations with some chevy guys *vettes* they were cool and ran a yellow one from a 35 mph roll and he was impressed.
Got avg mpg of 23 which was shocking because i was at 85 mph.the only issue i had was on 285 a 1969 ss small block that passed me on the right hand side and almost wrecked into me fricken moron all so he could say he passed a gt500. I never went after him because if i did i would have wanted to punch him in the mouth.except for the older ss it was an awesome drive and weekend.
These cars cruise with no effort and are comfortable.

Mxfrench

Established Member
Hey rancid do you still have yours? I plan on a trip to the strip up near you soon. Miles are 8500 people asked me why i daily drive it, i said well if you were married to a stripper would you not sleep with her duh.
Trying to come up with a wheel combo this might sound gay but i want to get me a set of wheels and paint them the blue as the stripe and black edges, maybe to rice but i want something different.

Mxfrench

Established Member
if you get passed on the right, you shouldn't be in the left.
when your in the right lane to exit onto i85 its one lane to have some douche bag come by and almost side swipe you in the right emergency or shoulder is absurd. Not sure how i could have been in the left lane when there is not one.

Mxfrench

Established Member
info like "passing in the emergency lane" helps. I'd want to kick his ass to.
where do you live in knoxville i am up that way often? I used to work for ted russell ford i will be going to the next hot rod event for fords in piegon forge will you?

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I live off Chapman Hwy. I haven't been very active in the car scene lately but there is a lot around here. I think the yellow vette you raced might have have been a local guy I know. He recently traded his gt500 for a Z06.

I honestly didn't know about the ford event in pigeon forge. Is it the one this coming weekend? I might check it out.

Mxfrench

Established Member
i live off chapman hwy. I haven't been very active in the car scene lately but there is a lot around here. I think the yellow vette you raced might have have been a local guy i know. He recently traded his gt500 for a z06.

I honestly didn't know about the ford event in pigeon forge. Is it the one this coming weekend? I might check it out.
i believe so, not sure what a z06 looks like * i know thats sad* i am a true blue ford man always have been. It was yellow around cleveland tn had chrome aroune the vette badge exhaust did not look special and did not notice anything on the hood. He and i messed around from cleveland tn to lenoir city we did slow for a while around iota i think the name is. There was a lot of state patrol and they followed us for a good 12 miles. I do not get into the car scene per say but i like to hang out with car people. People who love cars not people who talk trash about others cars unless they want to visit the dentist. When i went to pigeon forge three weeks ago for the rod meet and i did not bring my car i was pissed lots of great car guys there.

lsp408

Established Member
I live off Chapman Hwy. I haven't been very active in the car scene lately but there is a lot around here. I think the yellow vette you raced might have have been a local guy I know. He recently traded his gt500 for a Z06.

Not "that" yellow one:)

rancid

Established Member
Hey rancid do you still have yours? I plan on a trip to the strip up near you soon. Miles are 8500 people asked me why i daily drive it, i said well if you were married to a stripper would you not sleep with her duh.
Trying to come up with a wheel combo this might sound gay but i want to get me a set of wheels and paint them the blue as the stripe and black edges, maybe to rice but i want something different.

Still in the garage, I learned real quick selling a car at this price range you get a lot of dreamers and low ballers.

Give me a call when you are ready to head to track, I will bring the camera :)

Users who are viewing this thread