drove from dallas to denver in the shelby... today

jason6488

Established Member
So drove the Shelby 800 miles for a family function. It returned 19 mpg going uphill and against a hellacious wind. On the way I detoured through Mexico, found a deserted lllooooong stretch of highway and, at 5000 feet of elevation touched 160 with plenty of oomph left. My folks place is at 7500 ft. elevation and I can report 13 glorious pounds of boost screaming up the mountain. This car rocks. Love it more and more with every mile.

ThomasL

Established Member
Wow! That sounds great! This car truly is an experience every time I drive it. Need to find a place down here in Florida where I can really let her loose and touch 160+

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Happy New Year Norton! Yep - mine's been hibernating for a couple months! I'll give you a call over the weekend.

GO BRONCOS! :)
Same to you kpinco! I look forward to talking with you... Do anything with your heat extractor yet...?
Ive driven in the snow here before, not with a Shelby though. I'm feeling sporting...
Having done it myself, in the first could of days I owned the car, I recommend against it. If you must, however, EXTREME CAUTION is advised. (FWIW, I never plan to do it again.)

Bllit11

Established Member
Sounds like fun i have hit 160 in mine lots of power left be safe in the snow i have a f150 for those duties.

jason6488

Established Member
I think this is where the conti's will really shine... there was a little snow on the b roads up to folks house in evergreen. had great traction.

jason6488

Established Member
Update:
So the weather has dumped about 5" of snow up here in evergreen. I decided to take the Shelby for a quick trip to get gas and see how she handles in preparation for tomorrows return trip. Up here in the mountains there are plenty of tight turns and steep inclines and declines. The extreme contact dws did great. Starting and stopping was drama free and the car tracked great. I tried a few sudden steering inputs and after a moment the tires bit and she changed directions. This is definitely not a primary driving car for this climate, but it handles, stops and turns like any other heavy, rear wheel drive car. Obviously the Goodyear stockers would have been impossible but these Contis did great. Cheers to those of you reading and following this. I'll follow up with the rest of my experience when I get home tomorrow. Go Broncos!

Users who are viewing this thread