Drove an 09 F-150

Moreboost88

Established Member
My friend who is an engineer at Ford has a Platinum edition 09 F-150 company car we took out last night and that thing is sweet. First off the ride is amazing it honestly rides like a benz, then we took it off roading and it was a beast. My favorite thing is the generation 2 navigation system that is enabled with sync. This thing has real time gas prices from highest to lowest, movie times by closest theaters, and it has a jukebox system where you can store songs you hear on sirius radio, CDS, or FM radio. I wish I could have this thing as my daily driver.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLnrpu1rz_E"]YouTube - THE NEW 2009 FORD F-150 Platinum[/ame]

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
It looks real nice, but they screwed up the exterior, especially the front end. Looks like they are going for the Dodge big grill look. Almost Toyota tundra-ish.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I hope the oil price keeps on dropping so people will, hopefully, start to buy trucks again.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I hope the oil price keeps on dropping so people will, hopefully, start to buy trucks again.

+1 go figure, right as Ford is rolling out a brand new truck, oil prices are through the roof. The finance people have got to be shitting bricks right now.

5.0 Ford Power

*derp*
Established Member
Hell if the Raptor makes it I'm the first in line to get it. If not a Platinum F-150 with a nice lift on it will do.

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
How did the revised 5.4 and 6speed compare to the previous model year??

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
It looks real nice, but they screwed up the exterior, especially the front end. Looks like they are going for the Dodge big grill look. Almost Toyota tundra-ish.

I think that was due to the 4.4 diesel coming online.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
I like everything about it except the grille. The Platinum grille is the worst, but they all go too far above the headlights IMO.

I think this one looks a little bit better than the Platinum:
2009-ford-f-150-17_opt.jpg

2009_Ford_F-150_10_(400x300).jpg

2009-ford-f-150.jpg

I for one like the stainless piece across the tailgate. It's kind of a nod to the 80s F150 and parallels the high-end Flex. Not all of the F150s get the stainless panel though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread