Dropping RPM's fast and intermitten idle issue.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Hey guys,

I and another member on these boards are working on tuning my e85 2.2 terminator setup and i'm having a couple issues. The STFT's are about right, hovering pretty close to 1 or so, and we're about on the stages of WoT on the tune, but when driving around I've noticed a couple things.

Unlike stock, the car does not seem to hover around the RPM's you were at before you press the clutch in, instead they drop straight to idle, unless you shift lightning fast, and thus cruising around is difficult because you have to rev-match every gear, which is a PITA. Also, occasionally, maybe 10% of the time, the car will drop to 300rpm's when pressing in the clutch, instead of stopping around 850 where the idle is set.

I've researched a bit today and found out that the Dashpot Decay Rate could be adjusted, has anyone else had to do this with a similar conversion? Any ideas as to what could be causing this? When I let off the gas in any gear the car feels like it's dragging down, just like a transbrake would. If I recall stock seemed alot smoother. If this is something I have to live with, i'm okay with it, I just didn't know if anyone has messed with that decay rate to make their car a little more streetable.

Thanks ahead of time.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yes, adjusting the dashpot decay rate will slow the rpm drop. I've had to adjust mine to get everything right.

The dragging down you're feeling is the coast fuel shut off. You can adjust how sensitive that is as well. If you watch your wideband when you let off it should go full lean until you press on the gas again.

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Yes, adjusting the dashpot decay rate will slow the rpm drop. I've had to adjust mine to get everything right.

The dragging down you're feeling is the coast fuel shut off. You can adjust how sensitive that is as well. If you watch your wideband when you let off it should go full lean until you press on the gas again.

Ahh! Thanks for the response! So is the coast fuel shutoff rated in seconds?

01yellercobra

Established Member
It's adusted by changing the load. At least that's how the scalar in the tuning software. That's good that your's is working though. It seems a lot of people have issues with it activating.

Users who are viewing this thread