Dropping a pulley again

Dave5.0

Established Member
Currently running a 2.875'' on my Whipple 2.3. I paired it with a 90mm idler to make the belt tighter. Dropping to a 2.75'' this weekend because I'm not getting any slip whatsoever now.

Will post results. Probably 730RWHP.

ebrow21

Established Member
Currently running a 2.875'' on my Whipple 2.3. I paired it with a 90mm idler to make the belt tighter. Dropping to a 2.75'' this weekend because I'm not getting any slip whatsoever now.

Will post results. Probably 730RWHP.

What length belt? I don't think I have belt slip with the metco 100/90 idler combo with my 2.875 pulley, but I seem to wear belts quickly. I'm using the k060815. Need to datalog I guess.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
What length belt? I don't think I have belt slip with the metco 100/90 idler combo with my 2.875 pulley, but I seem to wear belts quickly. I'm using the k060815. Need to datalog I guess.

You getting any contact between the belt and the small FEAD bracket? The 90mm lower idler puts the belt maybe .030" away from the bracket on mine. Did some shaving on the bracket and looks good for now.

ebrow21

Established Member
You getting any contact between the belt and the small FEAD bracket? The 90mm lower idler puts the belt maybe .030" away from the bracket on mine. Did some shaving on the bracket and looks good for now.

Not sure why I didn't see this before. Its extremely close, like yours, but has never made contact. Had the belt off a few times for various reasons, cant see where its ever made contact.

Users who are viewing this thread