Dropped The Rear On My L

bird_jenkins8

The Demon
Established Member
Just got done putting some Hotchkis leaf springs, bumpstops, and SoCal shock extenders on the rear to level the truck out.......let me know what you think....

Also thinking about going with Black billet grilles and tinting the taillights......anyone with suggestions feel free to chime in

Edit: Sorry the first pics so big.....and for the crappy quality, I took these late in the afternoon

TheDemon001-1.jpg

TheDemon007-1.jpg

TheDemon002-1.jpg

TheDemon006-1.gif

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Very nice :thumbsup: and yes to tinting the tails. I've always wanted to put 99/00 tails on mine.

bird_jenkins8

The Demon
Established Member
Very nice :thumbsup: and yes to tinting the tails. I've always wanted to put 99/00 tails on mine.

Holy four different picture size.....guess I should have played around with the pictures a little more in photobucket but you get the idea.....

Anyone know where I can get 35% taillight tint for the tails.......I'm not a big fan of the 99/00 tails, don't care for the ridges in them...

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I've never dealt with "tinted" tails but from my understanding and I could be wrong I thought most people went to a painter and had them done?

svtfordracing01

SilverStorm
Established Member
I still have my Hotchkis leafs in the garage! What drop do you have up front? And do you also have lowering shackles in the rear? Thanks man!

Scott927

My Addiction.
Established Member
Looks good bro. on the tinting the tail lights my buddy got this tint from this website http://www.lamin-x.com/ he has it on his civic tail lights and they look GREAT, bout to order it for my L. also the tint comes precut for the tail lights so makes it easy. And is your front end lowered or is that stock? I'm about to lower my L and if that is stock on the front end i will prolly go with close to the same setup.

ViciousJay

Established Member
like SVtfordracing, id like to know as well, your stance is perfect. Only issue i have is forking out the cash for those leafs... heard to many people hating on them

bird_jenkins8

The Demon
Established Member
Nice, now send "Sunburned" what he paid you for.

The truck had a 2/3 drop on it when I bought it......however with no spare tire in the back and the weight of the trailer hitch removed it had about a 2 1/2 inch rake from front to back......so that's why I installed the rear leafs. To be honest with you I thought it might be a little lower in the back then it was in the front and was looking at buying a 1 in. shackle, but it turned out perfect. I'm thinking however that the drop when I bought it was more like a 2/2.....the only thing it looks like it had on it was the 2 in shackles in the rear and springs up front

The leafs are a little bumpier then I expected. At first we had the original bump stops in and it bounced all over the place, but after installing the shorter ones it rides better. The rears stiffer then I thought it would be but it's not horrible

As for Sunburned, I've been a member on this board for almost 4 yrs. That incident happened a couple of years ago and was a mistake on my part. Sunburned did get his money back though.....Like I said, I made a mistake and some things were going on at the time, however I am a stand up guy and it won't happen again

Thanks for all the comments guys :rockon:

Edit: Thanks for the website Scott927

Last edited:

01svtL

Established Member
Glad to see you're taking care of my truck bro. It does look much better with the ass end brought down a little more. I didn't really think it was 3'' in the rear, but that's what the guy told me when I bought it, so I stuck with it. Try cutting a 1/4'' or a little more off the new bumpstops. At this point, even a little bit more will make a ton of difference in the ride. I think you need a 2.3 KB now....

01svtL

Established Member
By the way, that's a beautiful house in the background of that awesome sig pic! ;-):beer:

Users who are viewing this thread