Droid vs. Blackberry vs. iPhone

txyaloo

Established Member
Haven't tried a droid, but my Touch Pro 2 trumps anything the iphone can do for me. Personally the iPhone is just another huge hype-up by Apple. When you get down to it what does it have that's special? A nice touchscreen.

I like my TP2 also, but some people hate WM from past experiences and haven't tried the newest builds. I built a new ROM this weekend with all of my apps cooked in, email settings, etc. It works great for me.

tmobile then unlock iphone...the end

No 3G that way... No thanks.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I just went from Storm 1 to Storm 2 and i like it alot. It has wifi and the touch screen is alot better than the old one...no wiggly screen (anyone who have Storm 1 knows exactly what i'm talking about).

50 Proof

Established Member
I had Nextel back in the day when they were merging the networks and my service was horrible. I went to school at UMD, which is a few miles from Washington DC and could barely get two bars, plus couldn't use direct connect half the time. The school is on a damn hill near a huge city, no way I should have bad coverage.

Plus the customer service is absolutely horrible. I had people hang up on me, or tell me they'd call back and never did. Totally unprofessional. I'd never even think about going back to Sprint.

Nextel is iden and I believe operates on the 800mhz spectrum. Sprint is CDMA and I believe operates on a 1900mhz spectrum. It's impossible to merge the two networks. Nextel is owned by Sprint but continues to operate on its own network. Sprint is known for terrible customer service but any current subscriber can tell you that Sprint's CS has improved by leaps and bounds. Sprint isn't as terrible as people think they are. Sprint overall has a very solid, reliable, and fast network. Sprint's biggest problems are management and marketing.

98slowbra

Established Member
DO NOT GET THE DROID. I bought the wife one and we have had issues since day 1. Email does not work all the time and to get it to work we have to remove the battery and put it back in. The droid freezes up every now and again. The droid does not have voice dialing with blu tooth headset. Sometimes email can be down for days on this and you just get a message of loading messages and it stays there. You have to download a application killer to kill apps that run constantly and slow down the droid. I would not get this phone.

shane12286

Established Member
DO NOT GET THE DROID. I bought the wife one and we have had issues since day 1. Email does not work all the time and to get it to work we have to remove the battery and put it back in. The droid freezes up every now and again. The droid does not have voice dialing with blu tooth headset. Sometimes email can be down for days on this and you just get a message of loading messages and it stays there. You have to download a application killer to kill apps that run constantly and slow down the droid. I would not get this phone.

I haven't had a single problem with mine. I get notifications within a minute when I receive a new email. No freezing here either. And if you read through droid forums I don't believe that the apps in the background make it run slower. Sorry to hear about the problems you're having, I would swap it for a new one at the Verizon store.

98slowbra

Established Member
I haven't had a single problem with mine. I get notifications within a minute when I receive a new email. No freezing here either. And if you read through droid forums I don't believe that the apps in the background make it run slower. Sorry to hear about the problems you're having, I would swap it for a new one at the Verizon store.

Thanks bud, I have been on the phone with verizon at least 3 times a week for her phone. If I take it into the store for replacement I will get charged at $35 replacement fee. The fee does not bother me it is the point that there product is broke and to get one that works you have to pay more. I am not happy with them at all right now. I got my wife this phone so she can finish her masters degree and respond to emails with this and as of yet it has not worked at all. Even when sending an email she will get a smtp error then take the battery out and replace it and send it again an it will work.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
First of all, the phone has a proximity sensor that turns off the screen when it's placed near your face during a call. This is so you don't press buttons on the screen with your cheek while talking. If you want to end a call, all you have to do is take the phone away from your face and the screen comes back.

Second, the Eris actually has physical send and end buttons, so you shouldn't have to use the screen to end a call.

Third, there are apps on the market that will solve all your problems. Superdial is a dialer that displays the number pad, plus your call log, making it very easy to find contacts or people you called recently. Download 'not call log' and you can set it so it goes back to your homescreen after ending a call. This prevents you from making accidental calls after you hang up with someone.

1. I've never had a problem with my cheek hitting buttons while I talk on the phone, but i guess others do. However, the screen doesn't always turn back on once the phone is flat again and away from my face.
2. The physical button for the "end call" doesn't work. That button just turns off the screen. I tried it over and over and that's all it does.
3. I will try those apps, thank you

Predatorbird

Established Member
heres the deal:

the iPhone continues to be the basis for which all touch phones are compared against.

Nobody remembers the name of all others 4-6 weeks after their release. a year from now well all be going "Droid what?" while the iPhone will still be the staple of touch phone technology and in everyones mind.

This is always my argument. Every new touch screen phone gets compared to the iPhone. Until the comparison becomes, "Droid vs. New Smart Phone"... I will gladly stick with my iPhone. :beer:

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member

My mother's Droid has the same problems with e-mail's. She finally had Verizon replace the phone and no longer has any problems. My father also has a Droid and hasn't had a single problem with it since ownership. Same with one of my friend's.

I use a BB Tour through Verizon. I had a BB 8830 World Edition from Oct. 07 - Nov. 09 through Alltel when I finally got my Tour. I'm not one for using all kinds of apps and whatnot. My BB does what I need it do - receive/send e-mail, check sports scores, tell me what the weather is like, and make calls.

RCMPSVT

Established Member
I love my BB 9700. I love it because i like a actual keyboard to text on and not a virtual one. Depends what ur gonna do with the phone the most, i dont surf the net, i just text primarily

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
1. I've never had a problem with my cheek hitting buttons while I talk on the phone, but i guess others do. However, the screen doesn't always turn back on once the phone is flat again and away from my face.
2. The physical button for the "end call" doesn't work. That button just turns off the screen. I tried it over and over and that's all it does.
3. I will try those apps, thank you

1. You never had a problem with your cheek hitting because the screen turns off when you put it close to your face.

2. Yes the physical end button does end the call. If you press it once it will end the call, and if you press it again it will turn the screen off.

I have the Eris and have no complaints what so ever. I navigate just fine through it.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
1. You never had a problem with your cheek hitting because the screen turns off when you put it close to your face.

2. Yes the physical end button does end the call. If you press it once it will end the call, and if you press it again it will turn the screen off.

I have the Eris and have no complaints what so ever. I navigate just fine through it.

1. I meant with other phones.

2. I guess it works now. but i can't change the ring back song. WTF?

3. I can't get emails. and still have all the other problems.

What a mistake.

50 Proof

Established Member
droid FTW. Talk about taking a product in its infancy with minimal real world use and real world testing and going mainstream with it on as many different hardware configurations as possible. Talk about a quality control cluster ****. Gotta love Google, trying to ensure that their products become an every day part of your life in one way or another, further guaranteeing that they can serve you even more ads on a day to day basis. No thank you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread