Driving School?

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Last week I attended the Bragg-Smith Advanced driving school out here in Nevada. Have any of you had a chance to attend? Has anyone taken their Cobra on the track? They supply Z06's but will let you take your car out if you wish. I had a blast and learned a lot!

:beer:

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
Getting down to Bob Bondurants in Phoenix this summer. They use Cobra's. I am also signing up for the Nascar thing they do in the Pocono's for a fair chunk of change you ca drive about 40 laps in a fully race prepared 700 HP Nascar style car. But not before some serious class time. The track at Pocono is 2.5 mi. If any one is interested I will post more info.

There is also an open road race every year in Nevada that is legal but you have to meet strict requirements on safety mods and stuff like that they even have an unlimited speed division for the exotics. The race is run on timing and not so much speed. And whatever class you are in as far as speed you cannot go over that rating. I applied for next year in the 150 MPH class.

Last edited:

haskett

Established Member
Went to SVTOA On Track Days last year in Ft Worth, and had a blast. There's a thread going on the SVTOA forums soliciting input for tracks this year's events ........

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
I recently did the Dale Jarrett Driving Adventure at California Speedway, I dont know if I'd call it a driving school, but it was a hell of a lot of fun. NASCAR style racecars, top speed about 165mph, a real blast!

SC457A

Established Member
i did bondurant in 1995.. man it was fun! i hope they still do the tour in the vans.. pile everyone into a e-350 and hual butt around track, slalom course, reaction tester thing. it was a surpise.. but i noticed the van looked like it was lowered a little:)

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by SC457A
i did bondurant in 1995.. man it was fun! i hope they still do the tour in the vans.. pile everyone into a e-350 and hual butt around track, slalom course, reaction tester thing. it was a surpise.. but i noticed the van looked like it was lowered a little:)

The van ride kicked ass. I enjoyed every single moment.... even when I flipped the formala ford through the tires and into the fence by the highway. I enjoyed the skid cars as well.:beer:

SC457A

Established Member
you flipped a open wheeled car:O

i took a offroad trip in the mustang.. was when track went counter clockwise, going down straight hualing! and slower car didnt want to take the down hill turn all out.. but i did, was one of only that would do it, looked there.. he was a good 20-30 mph slower than me.. car was "light" so i said off road time... kept it straight.. instucter said not best idea but good job.... i had to stop for a rest after wards and clean shorts

03rocks

Established Member
I did the Richard Petty Driving experience at Las Vegas Motor Speedway a few years back. It's nearly enough to scare ya. Had smiles for a week after that.

The other day somebody sent me an advertisement for the Mustang GT's and Cobras from Bob Bondurant. The GT's were 12.5 K and they weren't announcing the price for the Cobras. Do ya'll think the cars are beat up so bad that they aren't worth the 12k or are they taken care of well enough that they would still be reliable race-cars?

ZXnVS

Established Member
Bondurant: $1,500-$5,000 depending on the course and the number of days. You'll have to look up the others.

griffined

SVT driver
Ghoust:I drove my R this past weekend at Sears Point. NASA had events both days, and I signed up for the High Performance Driving Event on Sunday. 1 day + 1year membership + tax = $214 plus $10 to get in the gate. I was in the novice group (my 1st track time) and had some great instructors working with me.

I was driving fast (over 100 at the fastest point), braking hard, running up onto the berms and cornering as hard as I have ever driven any car. I did some 4 wheel drifting, and some throttle induced oversteer, all without any worries of a ticket! I'm still smiling about it.

Check out www.nasaproracing.com

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
Sebring, Road Atlanta and others have track days where you can drive your car on world class road courses. Next one is Road Atlanta on Feb. 22. All you need is about $250 and a technical inspection for your car. Your first time out, and always with convertibles without a rollbar, you drive 5 or 6 at a time behind an instructor. After that you can go into open classes where you can drive at your own speed - signaled passing only in designated areas. Everyone gets 4 half hour sessions per day which is plenty.

www.panozracingschool.com

Users who are viewing this thread