Driving a Procharger everday?

gtoracer123

Established Member
I am trying to figure out the best thing to do with my car! I have 5000 miles on it and it is a 03 and just decided to drive it daily......Is it smart to put a procharger on it running low boost......or should I just put a zex nitrous kit on it so I will still have the power when I need it.

On the other end I don't want to have to break open my motor so in other words I'm trying to stay with the stock engine.....Let me know what you guys think!

GTCobraClone

Established Member
I bought my car with a procharger in it and its at 10psi and its my DD with no problem. When I got the car I said, nothing else has to be done, no more money to waste. Yeah Right.

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
Power adders are great for daily drivers. Sleeeeepers. Had a guy one time with a very built gt mustang pull next to me one day, his car was so loud he did not hear my vortech t trim. He left hard and got like three cars away from me------until i got traction. Left him in the next another zip code.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
P1SC with 6-8 pounds.

My AB was a DD too. I had 6.5# at 5400rpm on a P1sc with PHP intake spacer, and SLP LM1 Catback. great DD IMO. the power is there when you want it, and it drives like stock when you want it.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
I had my ProCharger P1SC-2 installed back in May of 2007. I daily drove mine for almost 2 years with 10 psi on a good safe tune. The car is not daily driven anymore and the odometer is at 79k now. I would say that I have logged close to 40k with this set up. The car was only to the track a few times so those are mostly highway miles. I do have fun with it on the street and I have to honestly say that the ProCharger was a great bang for the buck. It's nice knowing that you have that extra power there anytime you need it. I still average 22-24 highway mpg's with the stock 3.55's. My next mod is going to be the FFRP Aluminator so I can turn up the boost and really have some fun!

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I had my ProCharger P1SC-2 installed back in May of 2007. I daily drove mine for almost 2 years with 10 psi on a good safe tune. The car is not daily driven anymore and the odometer is at 79k now. I would say that I have logged close to 40k with this set up. The car was only to the track a few times so those are mostly highway miles. I do have fun with it on the street and I have to honestly say that the ProCharger was a great bang for the buck. It's nice knowing that you have that extra power there anytime you need it. I still average 22-24 highway mpg's with the stock 3.55's. My next mod is going to be the FFRP Aluminator so I can turn up the boost and really have some fun!

Nice new sig pic man. Your car is by far the best looking CO i've ever seen. My daughter still has a pic of it on her phone. :beer:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
Nice new sig pic man. Your car is by far the best looking CO i've ever seen. My daughter still has a pic of it on her phone. :beer:

Hey thanks man! I actually plan on taking some new ones next week. A group of us are going up to the NMRA/NMCA in Charlotte. I sold the Black Chrome 500's and the SSR's are back. :beer:

Last edited:

gtoracer123

Established Member
I did it.....

I decided to do it...... I went with the kit but upgraded to the d1.....there is a place in St. Louis called Mid Coast Performance that is putting it on and tunning it for me.

Thanks for all the help!​

Users who are viewing this thread