Driving a car in progress?

94CobraPace

Established Member
I'm restoring a 69 Mach I & I got the engine running this week. As of now the car does not have front fenders, hood, grill or lights on the front of the car. The car has tags & insurance, but I think the inspection sticker is out of date & one cannot be had till the front end is put back on with lights to pass. If I was to drive the car on the street to move to the paint shop, would driving on the street with out a front end, head lights, turn signals or horn, what type of ticket if any would I possible be issued if the inspection sticker is still up to date?
Just trying to get a idea of if I should get a trailer & trailor it to the paint shop. If the inspection sticker is out of date, I just might trailer it over there anyways. I probly know what I will be doing, trailering it, just curious.
Here is a picture of the car before the engine instalation to give you an idea:
69_mach_painted.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
That needs to be put on a trailer. The vehicle is not safe for road travel. It can be impounded plus numerous tickets.

Lawman85

Banned
FordSVTFan said:
That needs to be put on a trailer. The vehicle is not safe for road travel. It can be impounded plus numerous tickets.

Exactly....

The pics look pretty good. Have you posted anymore pics of your progress?

94CobraPace

Established Member
Thanks, I knew what I would have to do, just making sure :).
Thanks Lawman85, I don't have a lot of digital pics to post. Here is a pic of the engine prior to instalation:
engine_cp.jpg

I've got the car running, just need to make it look better & tune it.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I owned a 70 Mach 1, M Code. I was offered too much money for it. So, it has been gone for almost three years. I miss that car.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
A friend of mine's dad owns a muscle car car garage here. He mostly deals with classic Mustangs and so when his kid turned 17 they built him a '69 Mach 1 with a 302 and 351 heads. Truly beautiful car. Mind you this kid doesn't drive this car much, (ok its mostly a garage queen because he babies it).
His daily ride is a '95 GT with Borla Stingers on it and a few other mods ;-) They put cobra badges on it to try and discourage any races. (I think it has had the adverse affect). This is the '95 that I am currently looking into buying. Sorry if I hijacked this thread just saw that you were discussing Machs so I figured I'd post about it.

94CobraPace

Established Member
That's a 351W. Pretty much stock rebuild with a little higher compression, a small RV cam with a 4 barrel & will have dual exhausts. Nothing special on the M code car.

Users who are viewing this thread