Driving a '06 HEMI Charger R/T

Blue03

Established Member
Kind of cool. I get to take home a new Hemi Charger tonight. The car feels big on the inside and outside. The Hemi has good get up and go plus a neat Slap Shifter for the 5spd automatic. It's neat but I still wish it were a coupe. Rumor going around right now about an '09 HEMI Challenger. I have a concept drawing and this will be awesome if it makes it through looking like that. It is a 2 door also.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
I wouldn't doubt they make a challenger.
There doing a great job at driving the Hemi name onto the dirt and threw the shitter.
I just wish they would stop with all the Hemi Crap. :burn:

My father had and still has a couple different real Hemi cars.
When the Hemi didn't just mean Hemisherical but meant you were buying a performance car as a complete package.

Thats neat you get to drive those cars as testers but to me your just a rolling billboard for something that doesn't stand for which is was designed to be.

I'm waiting for the HEMI Caravan to come out! :rolleyes:
My lease on the old van is almost up.

:shrug:

JP

Last edited:

Blue03

Established Member
I agree that since that hillbilly commercial(that thing got a HEMI?) there has been HEMI on the brain. I personally am waiting for them to come out with a nice 2 door. I can tell you this though, the SRT-8 versions of the LX chassis are very quick cars. We are talking very low 13's at 108+ out of a 4200 lb luxury car, no power adder. That is faster than any of the 60's Hemi cars. The Charger should have been a 2 door but a Challenger will be just as good or better than the Charger. Time will tell.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
I got a hemi, a real rude 4v HEMI.

I want to force the CEO's of all the car makers into a tiny room with me and a megaphone. I will scream FORGED INTERNALS and POWER ADDER at them until they relent and make cars as badass as our cobras.

425hp does not cut it. period.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
call me blasphemous, but I would have no problem with a daily driver that has 425 normally-aspirated horsepower AND variable displacement in a refined platform :shrug:

edit: I don't like the styling of the Charger but I dig the 300C and the Magnum...

Last edited:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Unfortunately...Daimler splashed lotza perfume on the Challenger pig :fart:

Like Budweiser being the King of Beers...Daimler / Chrysler is the king of multi-use platforms.

They should have broke away from the behemoth 300-C structure and revived the Challenger in the tuff @$$ / hardcore image that it once behled. :nonono: It's like Fomoco producing a 4 door Mustang on the 500 platform.

Definite "RT'" & "Hemi'" overload IMO.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
and soon, the Hemi hordes will be able to go to Trilogy for their power-adder fix

of course, Dave is right....no forged internals! :poke:

Last edited:

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
JB said:
......snip........edit: I don't like the styling of the Charger but I dig the 300C and the Magnum...

What do you mean...they are all the same with the exception of the magnum. A few different changes on each and slap a different name on them and your good to go.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I really don't think the Charger looks like the 300C

and yes, I do like the Magnum the best

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
JB said:

Try squinting...the dimensions are strikingly similar among all 3. :poke:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I try to keep an open mind

I don't have blue blood I guess...

(thinking of putting my Mom into an SRT8 300C)

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
and you're right about the dimensions but I don't think the Charger and 300C share a single body panel

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Mom has a 325 HP Caddy right now

if Ford made a high-output 500 maybe that would be the car for her... (she doesn't like the CTS)

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
JB said:
and you're right about the dimensions but I don't think the Charger and 300C share a single body panel

Agreed. But neither does the Pacifica and the Towne & Country. Personally, I really like the 300c...but the Magnum and Challenger spin-offs are a stretch. I know it makes good $$$ sense...but can't they give the K-Car revival theory a rest? :shrug:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
sadly, it may be the wave of the future and DCX is ahead of the curve

reusability equals profitability in this brave new world of automotive survival of the fittest :(

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
JB said:
Mom has a 325 HP Caddy right now

if Ford made a high-output 500 maybe that would be the car for her... (she doesn't like the CTS)

I would be on that car like a Hobo on a ham sandwich too...but...I would not be all over a 4 door Stang on that platform.

Jpjr

Established Member
This thread is really bleeding blue :) Chrysler has KILLED the other manufactueres with their new lineup. It's not really up for discussion, it has been a hit from a sales perspective and the only reason DCX is profitable (cough.. Mercedes..cough).

I really like the Magnum SRT and the 300-SRT. Like someone posted, I'm not sure how anyone can complain about a stock 4 dr. with 425hp. And yes they are milking the "Hemi" name, but it does have some relevance. The hemi motors still have hemisperical combustion chambers, which provides more thorough air-fuel mixture for a more complete and powerful burn. Or at least that's the concept :rockon:

DCX's strategy with Chrysler most definitely is the wave of the future if the American car companies are going to survive. Power adders are great, and should continue to be used for niche lines, but the reality is that they make for a very unreliable motor that results in sky high warranty costs. Chrysler's continued use of the same N/A power plant makes sense from a cost perspective, and has basically allowed them to sell masses of 345 base-hp sedans for profit.

Not trying to kiss up to DCX. Chances are I'll never own one of their vehicles. But I give them credit for turning Chrysler around. Save the Mustang, Ford could learn a thing or three from them.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member

I love the Magnum too, but don't you see a strikingly similar body style between the three. I am not saying they are identicle, but they are damn similar.

Users who are viewing this thread