driveshafts that can handle hard lauches

fastlx1

Established Member
Who makes the best driveshaft for drag racing applications? Need a strong driveshaft to handle hard 5k and up rpm launches with a 5 speed on my 03 built Mach1. Driveshaft shop? Dynotech Engineering? Strange Engineering? I'm lloking at the Driveshaft shop FDSH16. It says it for automatic 4R70W, they list another shaft also for a automatic 4R70W trans. Can I use the FDSH16 with a 5 speed trans?

hotcobra03

Established Member
Any 1350 size should be enough..
Stock shaft can take alot of power..its more the quick change of ujoint angle that would leed to driveshaft issues..

Didnt see pst in your list

mhinchley

Established Member
I went with Drive Shaft Shop, but mainly cuz I found a good deal on one that was basically new & saved me $100. With the manual, just had the Ford Racing unit & it held up well. Agree with the above statement. I am putting in a loop right now anyways. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

skwerl

Banned
DSS and Dynotech are the two brands I've owned and both were excellent driveshafts. Stick with one of the major players with a consistently good reputation and you'll be fine.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Love my PST. After about 3 years i was having a small issue and they told me to send it in. All I paid was shipping to them and had it back in less than a week.

Users who are viewing this thread