Driveshaft with T56...

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Apparently my driveshaft from my 4.6/T45 will not work with the Coyote/T56 combo....it's about 1/2 inch too long.

Anyone have any issues with getting their driveshaft working when converting to the T56??

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Apparently my driveshaft from my 4.6/T45 will not work with the Coyote/T56 combo....it's about 1/2 inch too long.

Anyone have any issues with getting their driveshaft working when converting to the T56??

The stock driveshaft doesn't work with the T56 swap. You either have to have it shortened (I think it's by approx 1.25" if I recall correctly) or swap to a 03/04 driveshaft.

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware but if you use a 03/04 driveshaft, to mate the driveshaft to the rear end you'll either have to swap to a 03/04 pinion flange or you can swap your companion flange and a 1330/1350 hybrid U-joint (such as this one http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mog-448) and keep your stock pinion flange.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Yep, it's about 1/2" too long. The shop has a shop which can shorten it, they're checking on it now.

That's the route I would have went if I hadn't gotten a driveshaft as part of the T56 package I bought years ago. Imagine its cheaper and less of a headache to shorten it in the long run.

RyanNGrindin

Established Member
I chose to get the one that D&D sells for the conversion. Sure it was more expensive, but I don't have to worry about cutting the driveshaft and then having to have it balanced.

fastferndog

Established Member
I just had one made. It was more expensive but it bolted right up and is even rated for more power. I tried to do the cutting and balancing, but after getting a new input shaft spline and having it cut/rebalanced. It was better to start with something new. I did not trust to buy a used one.

fastferndog

Established Member
4B584B71-CCA2-4A5A-B30B-227B04B2EF48.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread