Driveshaft Vibration

actfastus

Established Member
I put on a DSS aluminum 1 piece shaft and didn't like the vibration/noise as a daily driver. Had shop put original 2 piece factory put back on but getting vibration now. Not as bad as 1 piece. Any suggestions or similar incidents? 2011 GT500

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

KBBoss302

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your DSS experience. I hated the 2 piece OE shaft clunking at low speeds so I put a Dynotech driveshaft in and it has been pretty much perfect. Zero vibrations even at 150+ and only a slight increase in differential whine.

imeyers302

Established Member
Running a DSS Carbon shaft. Zero vibrations. If you are experiencing vibration from both shafts chances are there is something else going on. Makes sense that you would feel it more with the one piece vs the factory 2 piece.

railroad

Established Member
Check the run out on the pinion flange. Make sure there are no burrs of metal where the flanges mate up. If the vib started after the installation of the new ds. You might be able to clock it 90* at a time on the rear. If you get an improvement you might cure it doing the front, also.
If your old driveshaft is still vibrating, I would check the installation. Clocking and moving the hanger bearing might help.
Most installers mark the flange, if they need a reference for going back stock.

GHIG4C

Established Member
DSS carbon shaft, smoother than stock. By any chance was the factory shaft dropped or banged around? Mine has a big sticker on it saying IF DROPPED DISCARD. Something to consider possibly could of knocked it outta whack?

Users who are viewing this thread