Driveshaft spacer for solid axle swap??

shagn03

Established Member
Anybody know where to get a driveshaft spacer for the 03-04 Cobra special flange size?? :shrug:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
When I swapped in my solid axle, I did not need any driveshaft spacer. I used the correct pinion flange to adapt the stock Cobra driveshaft to the solid rear. If you need the part number, I can dig it up for you.

-Blaise

shagn03

Established Member
Sublime,

Yea, I transferred the pinion flange from the IRS to the solid so I could still use my stock driveshaft. The problem is the slip yoke is not totally engaged with the tailshaft of the transmission like it should be because the solid axle has moved the pinion and everything back about 0.75" or so. I am just worried about a failure at the slip yoke since it has significantly less engagement.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
That's weird. Do you have adjustable upper/lower control arms? If so, maybe you could adjust them to bring the rear end forward some. I'm searching around the web right now for driveshaft spacers....no luck so far. Worst case scenario would be having a machine shop custom make something. If I find any spacers I'll report back.

EDIT: I found this info. Might be the only option. I checked the Steeda site, the spacers run $49.95. I just read that HP By Hermann sells driveshaft spacers too, so give him a call.

-Blaise

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
You do not need a spacer, it only pulls it out 21mm, there is more than enough length still engaged.

The conversion I did on my old vert works perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread