Driveshaft Question???

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Okay, my car has some major vibration at higher speed (from the 4.10's) so I really need to replace the driveshaft. I am very capable of doing everything my self, but have someone offering something "better".

I have a shop that is offering one of their custom cut driveshafts, driveshaft safety loop and a pinion angle adjustment. For $600.

FRPP's driveshaft is $260 and a loop is $30 to $60 for a total of about $300. Are there some shops that really make Driveshafts that are that much better then FRPP?

I really wanted to get my pinion angle checked (shop wants $100 to $200 just for that) cause when I put in my adjustable Upper and Lower control arms I took the whole rear end out to put the uppers in. I just matched the new control arms to the stock pieces. From that I feel my pinion angle might be off a little.

What would you do? Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post:beer: :beer:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Had a FRPP on my old 5.0 and was happy with it. The stock Cobra shaft hasn't given me any grief yet so I didn't replace it.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
scuzzdude2587 said:
unless the driveshaft the shop is offering is carbon fiber, screw them and go FRPP

No its pretty much the same setup but with spicer u-joints (i think thats how you spell spicer)

My big issue is for that $600 I can get the FRPP Driveshaft, Driveshaft safety loop, Rear end girdle, and still be able to take it in and get the pinion angle checked($100- $150).

Users who are viewing this thread