Driveshaft Noise

SteveWK

Established Member
My driveshaft has a lot of slop in it too. After backing out of a parking spot sometimes I will get a clunk in the rear diff when I put it into first gear or sometimes after putting it into first I won't hear a clunk until I start to move forward. Occasionally I get clunks shifting or getting on an off the gas on the street. Very irritating. Do you have a torsen rear diff?

13BlackGT500

Established Member
My driveshaft has a lot of slop in it too. After backing out of a parking spot sometimes I will get a clunk in the rear diff when I put it into first gear or sometimes after putting it into first I won't hear a clunk until I start to move forward. Occasionally I get clunks shifting or getting on an off the gas on the street. Very irritating. Do you have a torsen rear diff?

Yea, it has the SVTPP

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

13BlackGT500

Established Member

I also have all those symptoms

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1971mach1

Established Member
I am not sure if this will help any of you..... I had an issue similar with my 13 GT500. Mine came when I backed my car up after driving forward for some distance it would make a terrible rotating sound and I was convinced I had either rear end issues or I had drive shaft issues. I take my car to different road courses my a lot . My dealer to order a new driveshaft which they installed. The problem didn't go away. Turned out to be something very simple . I had after market brake pads installed and they didn't have "shims or whatever they are called on the rears. The Mechanic changed them right in front of me and I haven't had a problem for over 2 years now. I would have never thought that was the issue if I wouldn't have seen it myself. If any of you are running either Raybestos race pads or Hawk pads I can't remember which ones were on at that time just have a look.

Users who are viewing this thread