Driveshaft loop for longtube headers

doubleb

Established Member
My friend and I finished up the longtube header install and when to in stall my new bmr driveshaft loop and the exhaust hits it. Anyone know of a driveshaft loop that works with kooks headers?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Try the BMR chassis brace/ loop. Seems to do a good job. Fair warning: I had to grind the rear of the brace portion to get my 3.5" Aluminum 1 piece to freely rotate when it was on the lift in the air. Also a good idea to do that in case your car goes full suspension extension in the rear while driving.

http://bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=745&superpro=0

The note about 1 pieces wasnt there when I ordered, lol. But grinding wont compromise the integrity of the brace. If I'd have to do it again, Id take a cutoff wheel and remove the rear rectangular section where the brace makes contact with the shaft.

Last edited:

Fast Ford

Established Member
I have an 07 with Kooks with their off-road X and the BMR front loop fits with no problem, the driveshaft will hit the BMR rear loop when the suspension is unloaded on a lift.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Run a Metco Motorsprts loop on my 11, part # ( MDL2005F )
......( Kooks 1 3/4" / Axle-Exchange DS )
......( had to use a FRPP loop on the 14 )

Last edited:

doubleb

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I did install a dynotech one piece driveshaft as well. The BMR loop ( #DSL010) fits the driveshaft fine, its the kooks X-pipe where I am having trouble. By looking at 1 Alibi 2's pic above, kooks now has two plates welding on the top and bottom of the front portion of the x-pipe so they can put their little "K" logo on it. I was going to cut those off but I still don't think it will work. Alibi, do you have the part number of the loop in you pic? That looks like it would work. I looked at the cobra jet one, # m-5478-cj, but your looks different.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
CHE makes a very robust pc. I have it on mine, no issue with rubbing, also have Kooks

shelby2

Established Member
I have the Summit Racing front and rear drive shaft loops, which are exactly the same as BMR. My buddy has BMR and well they are exactly the same. The way I got the drive shaft from not hitting the loop is we made aluminum spacers to raise the loop to were it's tucked up to the floor board. Works like a charm easy to do and your protected. Love them, and there powder coated blue.
Mark
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Thanks for the replies. I did install a dynotech one piece driveshaft as well. The BMR loop ( #DSL010) fits the driveshaft fine, its the kooks X-pipe where I am having trouble. By looking at 1 Alibi 2's pic above, kooks now has two plates welding on the top and bottom of the front portion of the x-pipe so they can put their little "K" logo on it. I was going to cut those off but I still don't think it will work. Alibi, do you have the part number of the loop in you pic? That looks like it would work. I looked at the cobra jet one, # m-5478-cj, but your looks different.
Edited my # 4 post to provide the correct Mfg. & part #..( looked @ the wrong invoice )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread