Driverside rear squeak- not bearing

Westbayou

Established Member
My 04' has a squeak coming from the driver's side rear tire that is driving me absolutely crazy. It is NOT the wheel bearing, it is something else. It gets faster when I accelerate, but what is really odd is it stops completely if I even put the slightest pressure on the brake pedal, which makes me think it has something to do with the brakes. Pads are relatively new, and the car is lowered on H&R race springs with the lower isos left out. Also has the low profile bolts installed. Anyone have any ideas? It has done this from the time I purchased the car and doesn't seem to get worse or better.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
My 04' has a squeak coming from the driver's side rear tire that is driving me absolutely crazy. It is NOT the wheel bearing, it is something else. It gets faster when I accelerate, but what is really odd is it stops completely if I even put the slightest pressure on the brake pedal, which makes me think it has something to do with the brakes. Pads are relatively new, and the car is lowered on H&R race springs with the lower isos left out. Also has the low profile bolts installed. Anyone have any ideas? It has done this from the time I purchased the car and doesn't seem to get worse or better.

Have you tried retorquing the halfshaft to hub retaining nut to 240-250# with a 36mm socket?

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Westbayou

Established Member
Finally got around to messing with it. Just in case it helps someone else, mine ended up being the contact points of the brake pad to the caliper. Sprayed it with to some brake cleaner to get the dust out, then added a dab of grease. Squeak is gone. I can't believe I lived with that annoying squeak for almost 2 years when it took 20 minutes to fix.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Finally got around to messing with it. Just in case it helps someone else, mine ended up being the contact points of the brake pad to the caliper. Sprayed it with to some brake cleaner to get the dust out, then added a dab of grease. Squeak is gone. I can't believe I lived with that annoying squeak for almost 2 years when it took 20 minutes to fix.

If this is on the rear there should be little anti-rattle clips that go on the ears of the brake pads to keep the pads from rattling or moving which in many instances will cause squeaking or rattling noises.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

NJredfire03

Established Member
i have the same noise but on the front left brake. soon ill be turning a wrench on my car and ill try that out. ill also check out all of the rattle clips. thanks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread