Drivers side window sticking

Sick03Vert

Banned
Hey guys...I have a question for you all:

Whenever its warm outside and I try to roll down my drivers side window, it sticks in the up position. However, first thing in the morning, at night, and any time its cooler outside, it rolls down no problem.

When it becomes stuck and I hold the power window button down, I can hear the window motor clicking like its trying to lower but just can't. I have tried to assist it by having the drivers door open and carefully wiggling the glass a little but nothing seems to help.

This is Texas, gentlemen. It doesn't stay cool here ever so I have to figure this out. :cuss: Anybody else had this issue or heard of this kind of thing? No weatherstripping has been replaced on the car except the piece that runs across the top of the windshield where the vert top meets it. My initial guess is that maybe the motor has become weak over time and needs replacement. But that's just my guess.

Any help would be appreciated:beer:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Mine does the same thing every once in a while when the sun is beating on my drivers side door. Just slam the door while pressing the button. Usually works every time, as many others will also tell you.

crazycarlo

Established Member
While I dont know the exact cure I have had problems with my windows on my 98 coups. I had to replace a regulator. In roder to make my window roll down smooth after the replacement I relube the regulator and tracks inside the door. It couldnt hurt to try that.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Mine does the same thing every once in a while when the sun is beating on my drivers side door. Just slam the door while pressing the button. Usually works every time, as many others will also tell you.

I will have to try that. I guess it is a more common issue than I thought it would be. I just hate to have to slam it each time. :whine:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
I will have to try that. I guess it is a more common issue than I thought it would be. I just hate to have to slam it each time. :whine:

I've maybe had to do it two or three times in the 9 months I've had the car. And every time was when the door was in direct sunlight. The only time my car is parked in the sun is when I'm at the gym in the morning, and out here during the summer it'll be well over 100*F by 10 in the morning. So when it's like that I just try to keep the sun from beating directly on the doors or I'll just not roll the windows down after it's been in the sun for a bit.

It is doing it because the regulator is getting weaker, and when the door is baking in the sun, everything expands and makes it harder on the regulator to roll the window down, or up, cause I've had mine get stuck down once. So if you don't want to slam the door, either keep it out of the sun or wait for the car to cool down a little bit.

Last edited:

Sick03Vert

Banned
I've maybe had to do it two or three times in the 9 months I've had the car. And every time was when the door was in direct sunlight. The only time my car is parked in the sun is when I'm at the gym in the morning, and out here during the summer it'll be well over 100*F by 10 in the morning. So when it's like that I just try to keep the sun from beating directly on the doors or I'll just not roll the windows down after it's been in the sun for a bit.

It is doing it because the regulator is getting weaker, and when the door is baking in the sun, everything expands and makes it harder on the regulator to roll the window down, or up, cause I've had mine get stuck down once. So if you don't want to slam the door, either keep it out of the sun or wait for the car to cool down a little bit.

^This makes sense and is pretty much what I thought was going on. Guess I will chalk it up to my car's moody personality. Lol. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread