Drivers side tire wore out...oddly.

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Okay, so I've got 7,000 miles on a set of new Firestone tires; today I stop for gas, my wife say "Hey, what's that noise?"........Come to find out that the drivers side (front) tire is leaking badly..... :mj:
The entire inside of the front tire is bald to the point that you can see the steel belts sticking out everywhere....and I've never noticed it before....(I take the tires off every two months to clean behind the wheels)....

So, what do you think is going on? The tires seemed to be in balance (the car tracks very well down the road)....no problems with steering...(just had the rack and pinoin replaced a few months back).....

Check out these pics and let me know what your theories are....

easter0044oh.jpg

easter0050kk.jpg

Taz

Established Member
Too much negative camber at that corner. That's all it is. I run some extra neg. camber up front to improve cornering grip, and both my tires wear fastrer on the insides, although not THAT much more quickly.

T-

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
I know...7,000 miles seemed rather quick...Guess it's time to get the camber adjusted...buy a set of Nitto 555R's for the rear..and move the Firestones up front....

Users who are viewing this thread