Driver's Side Header SAI Tube

jivegajr

Established Member
I've searched a bit but couldn't find exactly the part I'm looking for or any reference to it. Does anyone have the tube SAI tube that goes from the driver's side header to the other portion of the SAI tubing?

When I bought the car, I knew it had FR shorty headers. What I didn't know was that the whoever installed them removed about a 4" section of the tube right after the tube exits the header. The missing section is where the bend is right below the valve cover.

I developed what I thought was an exhaust leak at the head/header. It was pretty loud under acceleration. To my surprise, it was a piece of dry rotted silicone hose that had become brittle and was pretty much blown to shreds. Now, the mission is to locate that tube. No luck so far!

I know a few of you delete this stuff. If any of you kind gentlemen still have it, I'd be glad to pay for it. Just need this fixed to pass inspection. Thanks in advance!
d122bc12207d12777a9ccf2fbc00de30.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

jivegajr

Established Member
I have a 98. I think that's the issue. I'm seeing what I think are 96/97 photos of this part but nothing for a 98.

96GT226410

Established Member
Here's a picture I took of my 98 exhaust when I pulled the engine. I still have my engine and transmission on the floor in my garage, as well as the exhaust manifolds with the EGR and SAI still attached. If you need more detailed pictures of this let me know and I can take a bunch when I get home.

20170402_170000_zpsoislp7bx.jpg

96GT226410

Established Member
I bought FRPP shortys for when I put my engine back together. Since those headers are for the 96 and 97 Cobras I wasn't sure if I was going to sell them or install them and get a tuner and delete all that crap. Would you want to delete your AIR system?

jivegajr

Established Member
That's the tube on the driver's! Mine has a section cut out where I've drawn around it. Not sure why that was done. To answer your question, yes, I would delete it if I knew I could pass emissions without issues here in Texas. Would you be willing to part with that?

96GT226410

Established Member
Thanks. Anyone else have one they're willing to let go?

Remember, you need one from a 98. If someone has all the lines in good shape from a 96 or 97 that they're willing to part with I'll swap my 98 stuff with you. Then I'd be able to use my FRPP shortys on my 98. Good luck and happy hunting!

cnewingham

Established Member
i pulled all that crap off my 98 a few months ago and think I may have it laying around. Ill check tomorrow when I swing by the shop

jivegajr

Established Member
i pulled all that crap off my 98 a few months ago and think I may have it laying around. Ill check tomorrow when I swing by the shop
That would be great, if you could locate that. I'm still down because of it and would love to get the car running again.

cnewingham

Established Member
sorry, I havent been able to find them so I probably tossed them. You can always get a tuner and have it turned off as that is what I did

96GT226410

Established Member
sorry, I havent been able to find them so I probably tossed them. You can always get a tuner and have it turned off as that is what I did

What shows up when you go get it inspected? Does it just read it as "OFF" or something else? If I know for sure I can pass inspection I can sell the OP my stuff. Thanks.

Alegend123

Established Member
Do y'all have inspections or emissions? Here in va we only have inspections but no emissions

Alegend123

Established Member
All hell im happy as chit we ain't got that round here I'm a believer in smog,pollution,gas fumes are good for extra few hp lol jk.... sorry can't help with what emissions qualifys for failure if it was just an inspection you'd be good to go with turning it off In a tune

Users who are viewing this thread