Drivers side AC vents blowing hot while at max cool settings. Anyone heard of this?

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
Like the title says, at maximum cooling, the drivers side AC vents are blowing 80*F air and the passenger side is a much cooler 60*F.

Has anyone else experienced this yet? I need to take the car to the dealer to get the oil changed anyways so I'll have them fix it while it's there but I was curious if this is common?

Here's a vid. this was after driving around town so it had plenty of time to get cold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15u7VxfDjUQ

yosemiddysam

03 Cobra Vert 10th Anniv.
Established Member
Crestview Fl. Grew up in the good ole Dub V
I had the opposite issue on our 2010 F 150 Platinum. Passenger side blows cold only. I bought a Blend door as well. Have yet to install it. I have heard the driver side is much harder on the trucks. I hope this is not the issue for yours.

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
I had the opposite issue on our 2010 F 150 Platinum. Passenger side blows cold only. I bought a Blend door as well. Have yet to install it. I have heard the driver side is much harder on the trucks. I hope this is not the issue for yours.

well technically it won't be MY issue since the car is still under warranty but if it's failed after 25K miles.... geez how many more times will I end up having to fix it down the road if I keep this car for a long time? :/

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Like the title says, at maximum cooling, the drivers side AC vents are blowing 80*F air and the passenger side is a much cooler 60*F.

Has anyone else experienced this yet? I need to take the car to the dealer to get the oil changed anyways so I'll have them fix it while it's there but I was curious if this is common?

Here's a vid. this was after driving around town so it had plenty of time to get cold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15u7VxfDjUQ

Let me know how your dealer visit goes, FastRedPonyCar. If you need a hand after that, let me know.

Ashley

Users who are viewing this thread