driver side leak

Wizardrex

THE BIG RED SEXY
Established Member
My temp gauge went through the roof last night. I turned the car of fairly quickly and ran the heater. so I don't think any serious damage was done. Anyway I started adding water to see if there was a leak and sure enough the back of the engine on the driver side water is pouring out. My suspesion is the driver side coolant cross over popped in some way. I emailed ldc to see if they have the mod in stock what do you guys think.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Sounds like the rear freeze plug that you can attach the LDC cooling mod has started leaking. This is very strange. Yes, if that is the problem then replace the plug with LDC's unit.

-Jeff

dun4791

Established Member
I have never heard of the freeze plug leaking before...........

We could ship you a kit on Monday.......

Lyle

Wizardrex

THE BIG RED SEXY
Established Member
dun4791 said:
I have never heard of the freeze plug leaking before...........

We could ship you a kit on Monday.......

Lyle

are you from Ldc if so I emailed you about the mod being in stock please PM me if you are

Wizardrex

THE BIG RED SEXY
Established Member
8URZ-28 said:
Do you have the cooling mod?

no I don't. I personally don't have the means to drop the tranny myself. I took the car out last night 'cause it was a nice night. I don't drive it on a regular basis so it's not that big of a deal, as far as tranportation. I just wanted to see if my suspisions are warranted.

Does any one have a pic of what the area we are talking about looks like stock, after the tranny is dropped?

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Check on our website for a pic. You can see where the driver's side fitting goes on the back of the head. The freeze plug is right where our fitting goes and is knocked out to install the fitting. Lyle [dun4791] is the "L" in LDC. He's right, I will be picking up coolant mods from Dana tomorrow. If you order tomorrow or early enough Monday, I can ship Monday afternoon. I had my younger daughter's birthday party today so I didn't check our e-mails today. I will answer them in the morning. www.ldcchicago.com

Cliff

Last edited:

Wizardrex

THE BIG RED SEXY
Established Member
I figured out what the hell was leaking. Thanks for those who responded. Okay, in the back of my mind something just didn't add up. So while on the jack stands I started up the car. When I originally discovered the leak the heater was on. So I kept it off when testing it. Okay before I started it I noticed a hose was loose so I just gave it a very effortless pull and it snapped into place. So I started the car thinking nothing of this hose and to no aveil no leak. The system is totally pressurized at full operating tempature and no leak. WTF? this hose was what was leaking.

It is one of the heater core hoses that lead into the cabin, on the passanger side. It looked like it was loose put still hanging on. Just enough not to blow off but loose enough to dribble. What happened is using the water tension in the liquid it clung to the bottom of the hose and slide towards the driver side until gravity forced it to free fall to the top of the tranny. From there the coolant/water would slide around the tranny on both sides and drip to the ground. OMFG!

So I ran it for about 20 minutes and nothing, not even some spittle. A fu(king 10 cent piece fell out of place and it could have blown my motor.

Piece of $h!t American cars.

8URZ-28

Boost Freak
Established Member
Wizardrex said:
no I don't. I personally don't have the means to drop the tranny myself. I took the car out last night 'cause it was a nice night. I don't drive it on a regular basis so it's not that big of a deal, as far as tranportation. I just wanted to see if my suspisions are warranted.

Does any one have a pic of what the area we are talking about looks like stock, after the tranny is dropped?
I was just asking because I have seen a couple cooling mods leak. The crossover hose sometimes cracks and has a slow leak.

Users who are viewing this thread