Driver side bolster replacement

phayze

Established Member
I have a 2003 cobra with the typical driver side bolster rip in it. Anyone go through the trouble of getting only that part of the seat fixed? Only part of my seat that has wear

01yellercobra

Established Member
Your best bet would be to talk to a local upholstery shop. When I bought mine the passenger side had a tear at one of the seams in the bottom of the seat. I took it to a local shop and they were able to fix it.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I doubt it could be done and match correctly. TMI can do new covers that are close but I don't believe an exact match. If I were to do it I would probably do both fronts and try to get away with not doing the back. Get the covers from TMI, then have a local shop do the install, or you could try it yourself if your up for it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I doubt it could be done and match correctly. TMI can do new covers that are close but I don't believe an exact match. If I were to do it I would probably do both fronts and try to get away with not doing the back. Get the covers from TMI, then have a local shop do the install, or you could try it yourself if your up for it.

Depends on the shop. No one can tell that panel was replaced on my seat.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Depends on the shop. No one can tell that panel was replaced on my seat.

Yep same here, $325 out the door and you could never tell. Shop I used had an extensive portfolio of work online, so I could tell they did good work.

Can either or both of your post some pics? Was it off the shelf leather or did they dye it to match?

01yellercobra

Established Member
If I think about it I'll take pics later. I doubt they dyed it since I dropped the seat off and then picked it up the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread