Driver mod + gears = ???

slowtealz28

Established Member
Over a one second drop in ET. Previous best was a 12.89@112mph. New best is an 11.80@118mph. Only been to the track twice on the new setup, there is definitely more in it. Best 60' is 1.74, old best was a 1.88. With a linelock I should easily dip into the 1.6x and possibly into the 11.60's or maybe even 11.50's. Not bad for 331/343.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CD-eBQ0RB0"]‪99C5 vs 04C5‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS4Jxcnq5Og"]‪Dave runs 11s‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

Thanks for looking!

blake_colvin

Established Member
Not bad at all for the power your putting down but driver mod kinda sucks...
what else is done to it

i mean if it was my car i would spend days on end trying to learn how to drive my car to the fullest potential, at least thats what i do with all my rides lol

slowtealz28

Established Member
The dyno numbers are low. The track times back them up and then some. Only two 6-speed guys faster than me with bolt-ons.

T.Man

Established Member
Nice runs OP! Car runs great for the mods. Driving isn't too shabby either.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
You picked up 6mph with a set of gears? i am missing something. Your car is also MPHing what a stock LS6 Z06 MPHs and they dyno in the 370 area. How much does your car weigh?

And your car isnt that far down on power. You are making what a most make without claiming to be a factory freak car.

slowtealz28

Established Member
Yeah I picked up 6mph with a set of gears and a transmission that was built to be beat on. My stock trans was all messed up, the 1-2 synchros were shot not allowing me to shift quickly. I don't know what my car weighs, but its about as heavy as a C5 gets because of the Z51 option. Full weight - GTO spares.

As for no lift shifting, I have tried it with only about a .05 difference. Not worth the extra stress on the trans IMO. And yes I am having trouble heating up the tires, so a line-lock would definitely help. Here's a link to how bad my stock trans was.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CD-eBQ0RB0"]99C5 vs 04C5 - YouTube[/nomedia]

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
FWIW I went from regular radials of a 2.01 60' to slicks and went 1.62. I also tested powershifting vs just fast shifting and I dropped .41.

So with a total of 8 tenths reduction I could see close to a full second for the OP... depending on the weather conditions of the OP's runs.

slowtealz28

Established Member
Not sure why people question it. If you listen to the shifting in the first vid vs the second, you can tell theres probably a few tenths there. Then the launch is like a 2.05 down to a 1.74. That's three tenths in the first 60', and probably a .45 reduction.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Ya I wasn't gonna mention that but I could have gotten my wife to make me a ham sammich between those shifts! ;) jfwy.

-Mark

slowtealz28

Established Member
Or maybe I should give it to you to drive, I'm sure you can go faster than 11.80. After all, it's easy, right?

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I would say its a solid run, its definitely got a little more in it but not bad at all. Dont forget, everyone on SVTP is a pro driver who date supermodels, owns Microsoft, taught chuck Norris everything he knows, and PIIHB every night. I would say this run is better than what 85-90% of the SVTP community could pull out so not bad at all.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Or maybe I should give it to you to drive, I'm sure you can go faster than 11.80. After all, it's easy, right?

With only 320rwhp it's not a cake walk. I'm definately shifting like I'm trying to break it...and actually I am. I'm on my 3rd tranny with only 49k miles on the clock.

Never said it was easy. Powershifting is an art. 118 traps is easily 11.50 territory with a mid 1.5 to low 1.6 60'.

What was the 1/8 ET? Mine went 7.51 at 91.6

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread