Driveline Vibrations

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I take it you redrilled and moved the cross member? Do you have the spacer under the tranny mount or the PHP adapter? How are you adjusting the pinion angle?

overkill91

I eat rice
Established Member
Yea, make sure you have the correct spacer on your trans mount. I havent verified this many places but i heard to measure the angle on the top of your manifold. It should be ~3* It took a 1" spacer for me i believe.

Have you tried rotating your DS or putting your stock one back in 97TNTcobra? Does it do it the worst when you have it in neutral while going speeds in excess of 50mph?

Im thinking about getting a driveshaft spacer too but im going to see what the local driveline shop says...

Last edited:

97tntcobra

Established Member
overkill91 said:
Yea, make sure you have the correct spacer on your trans mount. I havent verified this many places but i heard to measure the angle on the top of your manifold. It should be ~3* It took a 1" spacer for me i believe.

Have you tried rotating your DS or putting your stock one back in 97TNTcobra? Does it do it the worst when you have it in neutral while going speeds in excess of 50mph?

Im thinking about getting a driveshaft spacer too but im going to see what the local driveline shop says...
it does it worse on 3rd ecelleration and no i havnt changed any thing from when i had my tremec 3550same mount and every thing and i only have this one drive shaft . Every thing started when i changed trans.

Last edited:

97tntcobra

Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
I take it you redrilled and moved the cross member? Do you have the spacer under the tranny mount or the PHP adapter? How are you adjusting the pinion angle?
well i didnt re drill any thing it bolted right up and no spacer or php adapter and i dint adjust my pinion angle i had it done

97tntcobra

Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
well i didnt re drill any thing it bolted right up and no spacer or php adapter and i dint adjust my pinion angle i had it done can u show me what the spacer looks like or the php

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
The TKO and the 3550 you had will mount the same. When you first installed the 3550 you would have had to re drill the holes and move the cross member or use the PHP adapter.

Your not using the PHP adapter so the crossmember isn't in the factory location. See Duane's post #10 above. you need a 1.125" spacer between the crossmember and the tranny mount.
It will bolt up without it but without the spacer it will vibe and most of the time whine like hell in 4th and 5th gear.

The other option it to use the PHP adapter and move the crossmember back to the stock location, alot of people don't like this cause the tail of the tranny bounces a little and you lose some strength and rigidity (SP). That's the route I went and it was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread