Drive by wire? Improvements?

magnum4000

Established Member
Hey all. I remember seeing something somewhere that said you had make some changes to improve the throttle response due to the drive by wire. Anybody know what they are? Are we talking about a tune? Thanks in advance.

JimIII@jdm

magnum4000 said:
Hey all. I remember seeing something somewhere that said you had make some changes to improve the throttle response due to the drive by wire. Anybody know what they are? Are we talking about a tune? Thanks in advance.

The best way to improve this would be in the tuning. You are also going to pick up power, fuel economy, and all around driveability. So its a win win situation. We use SCT software and have some really awesome tunes developed for the 05's. Call us if we can help and ask for me...732-780-0770

jimIII :beer:

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
i hate throttle by wire. i haven't driven a GT yet but if it's anything like a maxima I'm going to avoid buying a GT just because of it.

1badass96GT

Established Member
TomBoJangles said:
i hate throttle by wire. i haven't driven a GT yet but if it's anything like a maxima I'm going to avoid buying a GT just because of it.

Yank it and put an older n/a cobra set up on there.

love bandit2

Established Member
TomBoJangles said:

I was driving my friend's silverado awhile back, and I'd have to agree.. throttle by wire sucks. The pedal is too soft, and there seems to be latency between when you hit the pedal and when the servo opens the throttle. ****ing annoying.

swieduwilt

love bandit2 said:
I was driving my friend's silverado awhile back, and I'd have to agree.. throttle by wire sucks. The pedal is too soft, and there seems to be latency between when you hit the pedal and when the servo opens the throttle. ****ing annoying.

I was able to change the throttle latency with the SCT Tuner
and with a wrench and a washer, make the Pedal tighter

I do not know why manufactures install the pedal latency may be a safty issue ??

Users who are viewing this thread