Drive...a 300?

Ba_SVT

Established Member
Drive was on cable the other day, reminded me how much I liked the movie EXCEPT...
Ryan Gosling uses a black GT for a getaway, and is basically ran off the road by a Chrysler 300. Until he does a 180 handbrake trick.
Kind of annoying.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
In the movie it's the 300c which is the 5.7 basically on par with a 3valve Gt now if it were an srt8 300 it would be closer but still not what is shown. If it were a new 392 300 srt8 that portrayal would be very real world and likely.

Ba_SVT

Established Member
Agreed...just reminded me of the Dukes of Hazard where all cars could stay with a 426 Hemi until the big crash.
I bet a 300-C is fun to drive but come on...btw, I do realize this discussion is silly but that scene ruined it.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I thought the car in Drive was a 5.0? Either way I went to see it in theaters and it was a complete disappointment from the very beginning. His mechanic says something like "dude I got you this 06 Impala SS and secretly built a 300 horsepower motor for it, it's a sleeper". Even though those cars already come with a 304 horsepower LS4 V8 in them lol. Though the violent scenes of him shooting and stomping that guys head in were badass

CowlHood

Established Member
I personally thought that show was retarded, i don't understand why it gets so much love.

Users who are viewing this thread