Drivability with new clutch

evanjp

Established Member
I've had unusual clutch problems since I bought the car. I will have clean perfect shifts 1-6 and come to a light and 1-6 will be rough. Or feel like the clutch isn't disengaging fully. I've had a bleeder (hand pump bleeder) on my car a few times and I've pumped the clutch a ton of times but yet it still feels weird. It will feel down on power until I take off from a stop light in such a way, or shift and use clutch in such a way, that it will feel like a bat out of hell for a few shifts before feeling down on power.

So I think I need a new clutch. Car has 104000 miles now, mostly highway. Looking at exedy 500 and McLeod street extreme.

Can someone tell me how drivability is with the new clutch compared to stock? How it feels? Does it feel exactly the same all the time? Sometimes stiff sometimes a bit looser? Like every little bit of info will help a lot.

My car is almost paid off and the way the car feels sometimes makes me want to just dump it. But I love the car and want/need to keep it for a couple more years. It's my DD and I go on fishing trips all year in it. I just towed a bike with rod holders and a basket to the cape cod canal from MD in it and it was awesome. Kinda sketchy with the bike on there but it did its job.

Please let me know how your new clutch feels compared to the stock one in normal driving situations. Like with ac on, going to work or store or just random driving. Traffic also. Thanks!

StalkerStang

Established Member
If you do an Extreme Street McLeod or similar single disc unit, expect more nvh....

It's stiffer, has less engagement threshold, and will bite more.

If that bothers you, look at something closer to stock with a full faced organic material clutch disc.

If your planning for a blower or occasional track time, look into a McLeod RST.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread