Drilled & Slotted Rotors?

SL0BRA650

NorCal.
Established Member
*fairly new to suspension and brakes*
Anyone know where I can find good drilled and slotted rotors plus pads, for a decent price? I just wana change from stock rotors, so I'll still be using the stock 04 cobra 2-piston calipers.

Whats a good brand of d&s rotors and brake pads to look for?

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Are they for street or race? The road race guys used to tell me don't use the drilled for road racing as they have a tendency to crack.

SVTCruz

Established Member
You actually run those rotors?

Brakes are the most important part of the car, lets get the cheapest stuff we can!

I did research on them before buying them. A lot of mustang guys have used them. Like I said NO problems in 4 years. And the Mach was a daily driver.

SpectorV

Established Member
most are weak and dont long (cheaper ones that is) and they crack (also cheaper ones) and the ones that are good cost a TON. I would keep them stock or just do slotted as for a street car its all for looks anyway~

TXEnginerd

Established Member
I am currently running these power stop rotors and pads:

Power Stop Brake Kit - 390 Reviews on Powerstop Rotors & Brake Pad Kit

I want to say I paid $317 shipped for the 4 wheel set (rotors AND pads). They were running a special discount at the time. They are certainly not the best money can buy but I plan to upgrade calipers at some point. I didn't want to spend a ton for oem replacements just to throw them away when I upgrade.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Why not just use OEM replacements? There really is no benefit to drilled/slotted on the street besides the looks. I have Wilwoods 13" Brake kit that comes with slotted rotors, I would never put drilled AND slotted on a street car, just no benfit with less surface area.

If you are just looking for cheap replacements, go OEM. If you want a little upgrade, look into Bruce's at Full Tilt Boogie Racing's 2 piece stock rotors. You'll save weight while doing it.

Bigggy

Established Member
Why not just use OEM replacements? There really is no benefit to drilled/slotted on the street besides the looks. I have Wilwoods 13" Brake kit that comes with slotted rotors, I would never put drilled AND slotted on a street car, just no benfit with less surface area.

If you are just looking for cheap replacements, go OEM. If you want a little upgrade, look into Bruce's at Full Tilt Boogie Racing's 2 piece stock rotors. You'll save weight while doing it.

Nothing else to had there!

Users who are viewing this thread