Drilled Slotted Rotors and Pads for 2011 GT?

David Greenwalt

Hi everyone, first post for me here.

My 2011 GT vert I just bought has after market American Muscle 5-spoke chrome wheels that allow a lot of view through to the brakes. I want to have drilled/slotted rotors put on and don't care one drop if they work better than stock brakes. I drive the car like a powder puff.

I do want at least equal stopping power as stock but this is all for appearance otherwise.

I'm considering Baer drilled/slotted
http://www.americanmuscle.com/baer-sport-front-rotors-1114gt.html

Rears
http://www.americanmuscle.com/baer-sport-rear-rotors-0514.html

When I do this I'll have new pads put on as well.

What are your thoughts on my choice for rotors and what pads would you suggest? I'm thinking maybe the Hawk ceramics.

Thank you

David

Mark Aubele

Established Member
Wouldn't run them on track, but for driving on the street if you like the look, the car will stop fine. They are just for show.

Siscakidd

Livin the dream
Established Member

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
The coating does come off, but the center of the rotors stays black

when I installed mine I sanded the coating off where the pads contact the rotors before I installed then. I don't know if it is needed, but figured would help bed the pads quicker. I have had a set of these on since 2012 gone through two different brands of pads, the rotors are holding up great with about 40,000 miles mix of street and drag racing.

Tough have another set waiting to go on soon, when I switch to the G-Loc pads

cjd223

Established Member
I run drilled and slotted rotors I bought from Amazon. R1 Concepts $185 delivered. Replaced the ceramic pads with inexpensive semi metallic pads. Car will stand on it's nose now. No problems stopping from 135+ mph at end of the quarter

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Cryo slotted rotors from frozenrotors.com on my beast. The owner was great to talk to and very knowledgeable, if they hold up to the truck's abuse, I'll definitely run them on everything from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread