Dressing wheel wells

ForcFed93

Established Member
Since the Cobra is stored for the winter, I decided to do some good detailing to it. Well I degreased and scrubbed the wheel wells, but they seem to look a little too white. Not real white, but just make it noticable from outside the car. What do you all dress your wells with to make them nice and black?

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
I haven't done it yet but when I pull my wheels off to changet eh studs I am going to dress it with either forever black tire gel or Poorboy's natural look dressing. I haven't really decided what look I am going for yet.

Junior2561

Established Member
black spray paint, semi flat balck, and spray your little heart away. Thats what we do at our body shop for detail jobs. Makes the car look a million times better and lasts ALOT longer.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Junior2561 said:
black spray paint, semi flat balck, and spray your little heart away. Thats what we do at our body shop for detail jobs. Makes the car look a million times better and lasts ALOT longer.
Hmm never thought of that but I don't feel like taking it out of the car cause i would be afraid to get it on anything else.

ForcFed93

Established Member
Thanks for the ideas all. I was a little leery of tire shine because I figured it would catch all the dust when driving, but if you all have used it without problems I'll give it a shot.

As for paint, good idea, but I am just too worried about overspray on the other vehicles in my garage.

Thanks again.

Junior2561

Established Member
jknowles4 said:
Do you tape the car off before you spray junior2561?

2in tape on the edge of the wheel wells....you don't really even need to jack up the car to do it unless your ride is pretty low.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Junior2561 said:

I'll have to remember that when I do my "World of Wheels" detail job later this winter, thanks... :thumbsup:

Juiced-03

Established Member
The spray paint tip is a favorite of mine. Just be sure they are totally clean first otherwise you will only be painting dirt lol. There are some out there that work specifically for those surfaces. Bumper coat works well.

If you don't want to go that method, any spray tire dressing with a fine mist will work well too.

shelpdoggSVT

Hold my drink bitch.....
Established Member
ahhh....these are my people...

glad I'm not the only one that thinks this is a necessity when detailing. Most of the guys at work look at me like I'm from another planet when I tell that I do that.
Simple green to clean with a soft brush, then I use eagle one tire shine to make them look purdy.

I think I may try the paint trick tho.....good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread