dream cruise

93snake93

Established Member
How safe is it as far as your car being outside etc... The reason I ask is I really want to bring it out this year, also I'm doing a internship in that area, I live about 10 minutes away from Woodward. Are there more traveling theives in the area at this time? Not too sure any thoughts?

93snake93

Established Member
johnh said:
Are you serious?

Park it next to a row of Saleens or Ford GT's and I think you will be ok.

Sorry man when you have a lot of wrench time into something... I don't need to go to much in depth with this do I? I'm really not talking about the dream cruise itself more of just at night time. I guess you never had a fox stolen and parted out huh?? Not fun. I'm not trying to be smart just curious. I know there will be a ton of nice cars (better than mine) but mine has 18k on the odo. N/M I was just hate to have something bad happen at a fun event ya know?

Last edited:

johnh

Established Member
If your worried about something happening to your car then don't bring it out. Your underlining the stereo type that Detroit is a bad place and your asking the question is your car safe on woodward. People travel from all over the world (literally) for this event with more then a million people. I personally don't drive in the cruise anymore (on Sat) but always go to watch.

I say this but watch you bring your car out and it gets ripped off. Times are tough in Detroit and yes people also travel just to steal cars. You will hear about cars, trucks and trailers being taken. It's a candy store for thieves. If your not driving , standing or watching your car I would leave it at home.

Last edited:

93snake93

Established Member
I never said Detroit is a bad place, don't put words in my mouth, and I have seen some pretty bad stuff happen leaving the Magic Stik after concerts ok. Every city has promblems.

But you did anwser my question, leave it at home,

johnh

Established Member
I don't want to discourage anyone from cruising. During the day is completely different then walking out of a bar at night. You can always park in Mustang alley during the day and find a place to store it at night. Plus cruising during the week is awesome. It's saturday that makes woodward a parking lot. Don't miss out on a great opportunity to cruise just because of what if's....

Users who are viewing this thread