Draining water from Heat exchanger

The Beast 2014

Established Member
I am going to need to drain the fluid on my Edelbrock system in order to do some additional cooling work. Is there a proper way to refill the system so it doesn't get air pockets? Do I need to purge it somehow?

In short I am going to install a Killer Chiller system to keep the IAT's low and I am going to run a bypass for the heat exchanger also for the summer months. I didn't install the supercharger so I just want to make sure I get it right.

Thank you

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Mine was locked and not flowing when I put the tvs on. What I did was just slid the hose from the pump to the heat exchanger back a little to let the air out and it was good to go. After that I could see the coolant moving in the reservoir. Hope that helps.

TOPLESS_SVT

Established Member
keep the overflow topped up, use a jumper to run the pump to draw coolant through the system.

i ran it for about 5 minutes just to be certain there were no air pockets, good time to check for small leaks aswell.

a warm up to temp and quick inspection wouldnt hurt if your uncertain

jn2

Established Member
submerged the heat exchanger with the pump running that way it ends up completely full then connect the line to the heat exchanger while still submerged,

Vert

Established Member
I've installed 2 SC kits with HEs and I never had an issue with air. Once all my lines are hooked up, I just fill the degas bottle, turn the ignition on for 30 sec or so and repeat the process. I will squeeze the 2 pump hoses just for insurance, but that's it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread