dragstrip ??'s

bssmith1220

Established Member
Are you 6 spd guys going through the traps in 4th or 5th? I've seen some videos of the stock cars shifting to 5th gear. I didn't, I stayed in 4th. I read that the stock limiter comes in around 6700rpms, which if thats the case I was on the limiter at the end and maybe between shifts. Wouldn't I have heard the limiter if it was hitting it? BTW my car has 3.73s.

bssmith1220

Established Member
haha I have no idea...my 60's were terrible first time out with this car. When you figure it out let me know!

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
Are you 6 spd guys going through the traps in 4th or 5th? I've seen some videos of the stock cars shifting to 5th gear. I didn't, I stayed in 4th. I read that the stock limiter comes in around 6700rpms, which if thats the case I was on the limiter at the end and maybe between shifts. Wouldn't I have heard the limiter if it was hitting it? BTW my car has 3.73s.

The stock limter is 7000 you should stay in 4th

Driver72

Established Member
It depends on your elevation and/or DA at the track.

If you have sea level or below DA you won't be able to go through the traps in 4th on a 3.73 car.

The higher your DA's the slower your car is going to run and then you will be able to go through the traps in 4th with 3.73's
But that's no consolation when you have crappy DA's and crappy times because of it.

kdhcoffman

Established Member
i have 331's and am having to shift into 5th at the 1/4 mile mark or else the rev limiter will stop the throttle completely! found it out last night my first time ever drag racing and i think i chose a good car to start with!

[email protected] - 2,281 60' .1018 r/t i ran this at Coastal Plains Dragway in Jacksonville, NC

Driver72

Established Member
i have 331's and am having to shift into 5th at the 1/4 mile mark or else the rev limiter will stop the throttle completely! found it out last night my first time ever drag racing and i think i chose a good car to start with!

[email protected] - 2,281 60' .1018 r/t i ran this at Coastal Plains Dragway in Jacksonville, NC

You are sure you were going into 5th?
111 mph on the 3.31 car is nothing.
You should be able to do 122+ in 4th

Or you have a 3.73 rear end car and don't know it.

Users who are viewing this thread