Dragon vs accufab noise

03svt4life

Established Member
I recently removed my dragon throttle body/plenum due to idle issues, installed new accufab, and changed filter on RAI to amsoil, now getting whistle/vacuum leak noise when first starting up and when you let off gas you can hear whistle, i have heard accufab or most aftermarket throttle bodies do this but my dragon didnt do this unless my old RAI filter was so dirty when i put on the dragon that it was not sucking in as much air as the new one is.. does this sound ok?

Tractionless1

Established Member
Did you talk with Dragon customer service direct about your issues? I had mine fixed for $0 whereas Accufab charged $95 and 10 mos. later when it acted up again they wanted another $95.

03svt4life

Established Member
yep sent it in twice and they fixed it apparently, came back i went thru everything i could to get idle down could not get to idle right, took to tuner he did a bunch of stuff, could get it to idle right with ac on but not otherwise, he thru accufab on and less than ten min it idle better right away, once computer learned more it went to down to were it should be

03svt4life

Established Member
more concerned with noise but i searched it seems normal for accufab just kinda weird that dragon didnt make this noise

qwicksnake

Established Member
My accufab makes alot of noise. I noticed its way louder when the ac is on. The air filter whistles on its way back down to idle.

Users who are viewing this thread