drag wheel set up questions

bullitt784

Established Member
what should the backspacing be for 15s on our machs? are the following correct?

15X10 with 6.5" bs
15X8 with 5.5" bs

i was looking at either, the 15X10 with a 325/50/15 MT ET street radial or the latter with a 275/50/15 MT ET street radial. not sure the first one would fit but want to make sure first and foremost that i'd be getting proper fitting wheels. any help would also be appreciated as well as telling me what you guys have as drag setups. :beer:

btw, i have GT rear brakes

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
If you run a 15x10 6.5bs you will have to grind the banjo bolt next to the caliper, Has I did for my bogarts, I would also rec a et street over a MT DR's for a stick car, The sidewall is softer on the et street and works better and the DR's are harder on parts from what I done.

Linthemup

Established Member
oh woops, should mention i have gt rear brakes

The 15x10 w/6.5 BS will be perfect . No grinding of the Banjo bolt will be required .
This tire would be the one to use if you are pushing some good power . You would want a beefed up rear . This tire has the stiffer sidewall . Notice the S at the end of the specs..

Car003-3.jpg

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
i always wondered what the s and LT at the end were lol i have some 28-12.5-15lt MT ET streets if anyone has some 26in tires they want to trade

Users who are viewing this thread