Drag Wheel questions.

VoodooSNK

Established Member
Ok, I feel like a noob asking this but I can't find anything on it. Will 15" wheels fit over the calipers on the 03's or is there modifications that are needed, I'm wanting to run some big and littles this year. Also what brand makes the correct offset for us?

Thanks for any input!

VoodooSNK

Established Member
Anyone? I know theres a few of you out there running weld's I'm curious how the fitment is.. if they stick out etc.

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
VoodooSNK said:
Ok, I feel like a noob asking this but I can't find anything on it. Will 15" wheels fit over the calipers on the 03's or is there modifications that are needed, I'm wanting to run some big and littles this year. Also what brand makes the correct offset for us?

Thanks for any input!

I posted a reply to a question like this before... perhaps you just didn't use the right search criteria ;-)

But anyways... I'll be nice and do it again. Hopefully we won't get a "repost nazi" in here :-D

A 15" wheel will fit... but grinding is required on the tie-rod ends/knuckles to get them to fit without rubbing. Depending on the wheel/company you might have to touch up on the calipers (on top) as well. You just have to check the wheel you have for fitment and grind accordingly.

You'll need a 15 X 8 with 4.5" backspace. I have heard of a few people getting a 15 X 10 to fit... but a good deal of grinding was required, I think different rear brake lines (stainless lines with smaller banjo bolt) are needed too from what I recall. You can get a set of 16" wheels and you won't have to worry about any of this grinding nonsense :p I did grind my knuckles and got a 15 X 8 to fit... I however now run a 16 X 8.5" rear and don't worry about possible rubbing issues at all :)

The fronts will be a 15 X 3.5" with a 1.75 backspace. You'll need either a bolt-on 1" spacer, or change the studs out for 3" racing studs and use a slip on spacer instead. With the spacer a front skinny will clear with no grinding. I have the 3" ARP studs with the slip on spacer... either one will work fine.

Hope this helps,

Shannon

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
15" Bogarts have integrated spacers welded on to the wheel for the fronts too. CCW also sells a 16" drag pack specifically for these cars, although your tire choices are more limited with the 16" and I don't think they make a true skinny in that size for the front.
But for most other 15" wheels as mentioned above you need spacers for the front and you have some grinding to do for the rear.

VoodooSNK

Established Member
Thanks for the write ups! One more question, can you fit 15x10's if you swap in a solid axle, or does that make a difference?

Users who are viewing this thread