drag wheel and tire combo?

Loudace02'L

Established Member
i have a question on what kind of wheel and drag radial tire i should get. I looked at the cragar dragstar fx and the superlite fx and also the Welds Pro Star Xp's. what size rim is reasonable. The tire i was lookin at are the Nitto Extreme drag 555r and what size do you think i should get .Please let me know what you recommend

Thanks Brian

:burnout:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
tire size depends on wheel size so you have to figure that first
i was going with the nittos on stock 00 wheels and was going to go with the 315 45 18 but to each

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by Loudace02'L
i have a question on what kind of wheel and drag radial tire i should get. I looked at the cragar dragstar fx and the superlite fx and also the Welds Pro Star Xp's. what size rim is reasonable. The tire i was lookin at are the Nitto Extreme drag 555r and what size do you think i should get .Please let me know what you recommend

Thanks Brian

:burnout:

I have a set of 305-45-18's that will fit under a Lightning. I had bought them for my Cobra R rims but they are too big to fit under the car without rubbing! Discount Tire has them for 240 each I'll let you have them for 225 each plus shipping. (Tires ONLY)

Loudace02'L

Established Member
Does anybody recommend a nice wheel that they have or have heard are nice. Not lookin to drive around on them always, just to put two on the back at the track.
Thanks Brian

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Big Daddy what kind of tires do you have?

I run Nitto Extreme's 275-35-18's on Cobra R rims. I had two extra rims so I tried to find a DR that fit and while the Nitto's fit the rims they are a bit to big to fit in the fender well. :(

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
I wasted my money on drag radials. they will work on a stock truck but once you get a couple of mods they won't hook up. so after to different sets of DRs I went to 28" hoosiers. times improved over 1/2 a second.

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
can you put up pics, and let me know what kind of mileage they have if any.
Thanks Brian

Brian, NO MILEAGE, couldn't get them on the car! :D I will post pictures next week when I pick up my car from the shop, my digital camera is in the console! DOH! :(

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
yea they do chill nitto has them
already looked in to getting them, Town Fair Tire has them if that is even around in your part of the country (i am in the northeast)

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by lightninmike
yea they do chill nitto has them
already looked in to getting them, Town Fair Tire has them if that is even around in your part of the country (i am in the northeast)

Mike,

Direct Tire and Nitto's site has 315's but they are 17". The biggest they make for 18" rims are the 305's I have. :thumbsup:

Loudace02'L

Established Member
what kind of mods do you mean?I have magnaflow exhaust and CAI is soon to be put on. You mean extensive mods right?What do you think will be better Dr's or slicks for what i have?

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
BFG's worked untill I put a 2# pulley on and nitto's worked untill I put a 6# pulley. And track bars didn't help to much either.

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
I guess if you dont plan to more many mods theyll work. but slicks will always be at least 2 tenths faster, with slicks I have a 1.5 to 1.6 60 ft time.

Users who are viewing this thread